what is the best way to store these?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t have many leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store them is putting them in the fridge.
We recommend placing them in an air tight storage container, and putting them in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat them for more than a week, we recommend freezing them. Again the best way to freeze them is placing them in an airtight storage container and putting them in the freezer.
They will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw them, we recommend placing them in the fridge overnight and serving them the next day. We don’t recommend microwaving them, because the frosting will melt.
our secret to piping on frosting:
Frosting can be a little tricky, especially when you are trying to make it look nice.
For this recipe, all we did was put the frosting in a ziplock bag, and pipe it on, by cutting a small hole in the corner.
Before you start piping it on the cupcakes, you could also pipe it onto aluminum foil, for extra practice.
banana cupcake add ins:
These cupcakes is delicious as is. However I like adding a little extra something to the batter. Here are a few add ins we highly recommend:
- M & M’s
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese swirls
watch how to make another banana favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets make the perfect dessert, breakfast, or snack. They are full of flavor and the perfect way to put ripe bananas to use. Watch how to make them, here:
looking for more banana recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
Banana Split Cupcakes Recipe
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 12 Tablespoons butter room temperature
- 2½ cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons buttermilk
- 1⅓ cup bananas mashed
Vanilla Frosting :
- ½ cup solid vegetable shortening
- ½ cup butter
- 4 cups sifted confectioners sugar
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 Tablespoon light corn syrup
- Maraschino Cherries (for garnish)
- sprinkles (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F.
- Line cupcake pans with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl combine the flour, baking powder and salt; whisk together and set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment cream together the butter and sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Reduce the mixer speed to medium low and add in eggs one at a time, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Mix in 1 the mashed banana until well combined.
- With the mixer on low speed alternately add the dry ingredients and buttermilk, beginning and ending with the dry ingredients and mixing only until just incorporated.
- Divide the batter between the prepared cupcake liners, filling each about 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 20-22 minutes.Allow to cool in the pan 5-10 minutes, then transfer the cupcakes to a wire rack to cool completely.
- When the cupcakes are cooled, prepare the frosting. Cream butter and shortening with electric mixer. Add vanilla. Gradually add powdered sugar, one cup at a time, beating well on medium speed.
- Scrape sides and bottom of bowl often. When all sugar has been mixed in, icing will appear dry. Add milk and beat at a medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Put frosting into a piping bag (or a Ziploc bag with a small corner cut off).
- Pipe a swirl of the frosting in a circle on each cupcake, covering most of the top of the cupcake.
- To make the ganache, place the chopped chocolate in a heatproof bowl.
- Bring the cream to a simmer over medium-high heat.
- Remove from the heat and pour the hot cream over the chocolate; let stand 1-2 minutes.
- Whisk together until a thick, smooth ganache forms.
- Blend in the corn syrup.
- Let stand at room temperature at least 10 minutes so the ganache is not hot.
- To finish the cupcakes, pour a spoonful of the ganache over the vanilla frosting of each cupcake. Garnish with sprinkles and maraschino cherries before the glaze sets.Chill the assembled cupcakes until ready to serve.
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!