Over a year ago, we posted our Orange Jello Fluff Salad and while it is still one of our most popular posts, we received some very emails from people who were concerned that we used the word “salad” in the title.
They feared that we were deceiving people into thinking that this was a healthy dish because of the word “salad” in the title. Sorry about that- we had no intentions of tricking anyone.
How to make homemade whipped cream:
My grandma always made the most delicious whipped cream. It was so creamy and thick. It is nothing like the spray or the frozen stuff, in the plastic container.
Although I am a busy mom, and use the frozen container stuff about 99% of the time, I do love the real stuff.
It is also extremely easy to make and only requires two inexpensive ingredients.
Homemade Whipped Cream:
-2 Tablespoons sugar
-1 cup heavy whipping cream
In a cold metal medium sized bowl (or any bowl really – it doesn’t have to be metal), add the sugar and whipping cream.
Using an electric mixer (I used a hand mixer) whip until it is fully combined, and the whipped cream makes peaks.
Store in fridge until ready to use.
That’s all there is to it. It doesn’t get much easier than that.
Tips for making mandarin orange cookie dessert salad
- This recipe calls for buttermilk. It definitely tastes best with buttermilk, but you could also make it with milk, if you desire. I personally prefer the buttermilk, because it’s a little thicker.
- When you fold in the cool whip, we really mean fold. If you mix it with an electric mixer, your whipped cream will become more liquidy, and not so thick and fluffy.
- If you don’t want to add the cookies, you most definitely don’t have to. You could easily go without them.
- If you make this recipe ahead of time, we recommend adding the cookies right before serving. If you make it ahead of time with the cookies, they will become mushy and won’t taste as good.
Watch how to make a similar recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Watch how to make a similar recipe, our Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad, here:
Looking for more Jell-o Salad recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Caramel Apple Jello Salad
- Strawberry Jello Fluff Salad
- Frozen Creamy Lime Jello
- Strawberries and Cream Jello Salad
Mandarin Orange Cookie Dessert Salad Recipe
- 6.8 ounces vanilla instant pudding 2 (3.4 ounce) package
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 16 ounces cool whip 2 packages
- 20 ounces pineapple tidbits 1 can. drain well
- 22 ounces mandarin oranges 2 (11 ounce) cans, drained well
- 11.5 ounces fudge striped cookies 1 package, I used Keebler
- In a large bowl, mix together the dry pudding mixes and buttermilk.
- Then fold and in Cool Whip and stir until combined.
- Add in the pineapple and mandarin oranges until incorporated.
- Break cookies into bite-size pieces and gently fold into salad mixture.
- Serve immediately.
- If preparing ahead of time, add cookies right before serving.
- If you want to make this ahead of time, just wait to add the cookie pieces until right before you serve it because the cookies tend to go soggy . . . unless you like them that way! Also, I have used milk in place of the buttermilk and it still works fine! 🙂
- Large Mixing Bowl
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
Happy Valley Chow
I also have used Whipping Cream with gelatin for a Rich creamy moose flavor.
I am glad to see this recipe here because if this recipe gets how we can find this at more ward parties and neighborhood pot lucks.