Ever wanted to bake Salmon but have been too afraid to try it? This 3 Ingredient BBQ Salmon is one of our FAVORITES! The best part is that it takes 3 minutes to put together and then about 20 minutes to cook. It is that easy!
TIPS FOR BAKING SALMON
Salmon is one of the easiest things you can make! And the best way to make it is to just put it on the pan and bake it. If you are new to baking salmon, I have a few tips for you.
- It only takes about 20 minutes to bake salmon. If it is thicker, it will need to cook it a little longer, or you can just leave it on the pan after you take it out of the oven and it will continue to cook on the pan.
- If you aren’t sure if it is done, just cut the thickest part open a little bit. You want it to be a light colored pink. If it is dark pink in the middle, you will want to cook it for a few more minutes!
- If the salmon has skin, you can leave the skin on! But I would HIGHLY suggest putting down some foil on your pan, then putting your salmon right on top of it! It makes clean-up so much easier!
HOW TO BAKE SALMON [VIDEO]
COMMON TEMPERATURES TO COOK SALMON
The internal temperature of salmon continues to rise after you take it out of the oven! So depending on how much you like your salmon cooked, you might want to think about this! Some of the most common times are:
- 20 minutes at 400 degrees
- 15 minutes at 450 degrees
- 15 minutes at 400 degrees (let rest on pan for 10 minutes so it will continue to cook on the pan)
- 25 minutes at 350 degrees
My favorite way to cook salmon for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Many people like to cook it at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes but I like mine a little crispier on the outside and really soft of the inside. You can cook your salmon any of these temperatures!
SIDE DISHES FOR SALMON
Wondering what to serve with your salmon? The good thing is that you already have two side dishes with it, but if you want some more carbs, here are a few suggestions.
- Olive Garden Breadsticks
- Homemade Garlic Bread
- Skillet Red Potatoes
- 5 Minute Jello Salad
- Your Favorite Veggies Dish
If you’re not a big fan of BBQ and you want to test some other flavors, you’ll definitely want to try these out:
- Pure maple syrup
- Chili sauce
- Balsamic salmon marinade
- Melted butter
- Lemon juice and olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Tamari mixture
- Lemon zest and juice
- Sesame seeds
- Caramelized bbq glaze
What to do with leftover salmon:
The only thing better than an easy salmon recipe is an easy recipe that can be used again later in the week. If you have a busy weeknight coming up or you just want to simplify dinner, utilizing leftovers is a game changer. Next time you make this oven bbq salmon, you might even want to make extra so you can eat it all week long!
Make sure you store the salmon filet in an airtight container in the fridge. When you’re ready to eat it, you can heat it up or eat it cold. You could even make a barbecue salmon salad! This is an easy and delicious way to save time and money.
3 Ingredient BBQ Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Place the salmon skin side down in the middle of a foil or parchment paper lined pan.
- Pat salmon filets dry.
- Sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ cup bbq sauce covering the whole salmon and spread around with a spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes (or until salmon is cooked through).
- Use remaining bbq sauce on the side when serving.
- Baking Sheet
- Sheet pan
- Basting brush or spoon
- small bowl (optional)
- Parchment paper or tinfoil
- Instant read thermometer (optional)
This post was included in our 10 of the Easiest One Pot Meals Video – for more inexpensive and delicious recipes like this one, click here to check it out!
Questions & Reviews