TIPS FOR BAKING SALMON
Salmon is one of the easiest things you can make! You just put it on the pan and bake. If you are new to baking salmon, I have a few tips for you.
- It only takes about 20 minutes to bake salmon. If it is thicker, it will need to cook it a little longer, or just leave it on the pan after you take it out of the oven and it will continue to cook on the pan.
- If you aren’t sure if it is done, just cut it open a little bit. You want it to be a light colored pink. If it is dark pink in the middle, you will want to cook it for a few more minutes!
- If the salmon has skin, you can leave the skin on! But I would HIGHLY suggest putting down some foil on your pan, then putting your salmon right on top of it! It makes clean-up so much easier!
HOW TO BAKE SALMON [VIDEO]
COMMON TEMPERATURES TO COOK SALMON
The internal temperature of salmon continues to rise after you take it out of the oven! So depending on how much you like your salmon cooked, you might want to think about this! Some of the most common times are:
- 20 minutes at 400 degrees
- 15 minutes at 450 degrees
- 15 minutes at 400 degrees (let rest on pan for 10 minutes so it will continue to cook on the pan)
- 25 minutes at 350 degrees
My favorite way to cook salmon for 20 minutes at 400 degrees. Many people like to cook it at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes but I like mine a little crispier on the outside and really soft of the inside. You can cook your salmon any of these temperatures!
SIDE DISHES FOR SALMON
Wondering what to serve with your salmon? The good thing is that you already have two side dishes with it, but if you want some more carbs, here are a few suggestions.
3 Ingredient BBQ Baked Salmon Recipe
- 2 pounds salmon fillet
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup bbq sauce
- Place the salmon skin side down in the middle of a foil lined pan.
- Sprinkle your salmon with salt and pepper.
- Pour ½ cup bbq sauce covering the whole salmon and spread around with a spoon.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 20-30 minutes (or until salmon is cooked through).
- Use remaining bbq sauce on the side when serving.
- Baking Sheet