This recipe couldn’t be more simple. If you are feeling adventurous, you could make your own Kung Pao sauce, but the Panda Express bottle that I used was delicious. It did have a little kick, but my kids still ate it!
This recipe can easily be made into a freezer meal – just read the instructions in the ingredients for the easy directions.
And if you are looking for more easy and delicious freezer meals, be sure to check out our newest ebook:
The Best Freezer Meals from Six Sisters’ Stuff!
Inside you will find 75 of our Tried-and-True Freezer Meal Recipes that our families have loved . . . with easy instructions and tips to help make meal planning and prep a breeze.
Get this ebook for only $4.99!
Click HERE to buy it now.
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts (frozen or thawed- whatever you have on hand)
- 1 (18.75 oz) bottle Panda Express Kung Pao sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 bunch green onions, diced
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup peanuts (optional)
- Spray crock pot with non-stick cooking spray and place chicken inside.
- Pour bottle of Kung Pao sauce on top and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high 3-4 hours. For the last 30 minutes of cooking*, turn the slow cooker to high (if it isn't on high already) and add diced bell peppers, water chestnuts, and peanuts.
- After finished cooking, remove chicken breasts and cut into bite-sized pieces. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir until chicken is completely covered in sauce.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
*You can add the peppers in at the beginning and let them cook all day, but they tend to get pretty soggy. I prefer the peppers to be tender but still have a little crunch to them, which is why I add them at the end.
Recipe adapted from The Frugal Girls
Are you on Pinterest?
We would love to have you follow along for all of our recipes, crafts, projects, and other fun finds!
Click HERE to follow!