Disneyland Dole Whips

It’s spring break here in Utah for all of us college students! Unfortunately, being the poor college student that I am, I couldn’t quite afford the spring break Disneyland trip that most students seemed to be taking this year. I wasn’t sad I was going to be missing the rides or the fun Disney activities, I was only sad about not being able to get my most favorite treat in the world, Dole Pineapple Whips. After searching around for a little bit I decided it would be so easy to make my own version of the Pineapple Whips at home! So here is my version of the Disneyland Dole Pineapple Whips, that I will be enjoying in this cold Utah spring break weather!

PS – If you are looking for the best deals on a Disneyland or Disneyworld vacation, we use this website book our trips – they have killer prices and a layaway plan to pay for your vacation!

5.0 from 1 reviews
Disneyland Dole Whips
Recipe type: Dessert
Prep time:
Total time:
Serves: 3
  • 1 (16 oz) bag of frozen pineapple chunks (I used Dole)
  • 4 cups vanilla ice cream
  • 1 teaspoon lime juice
  • 1 teaspoon lemon juice
  • 12 ounces pineapple juice
  1. Puree frozen pineapple in a blender. It works best if it is about halfway thawed. To that, add the ice cream, lime juice, lemon juice, and half (6oz) of the pineapple juice. Blend together until it is well mixed.
  2. Freeze the mixture for about 2 hours to set up.
  3. Scoop into glasses or bowls and pour the remaining pineapple juice over each serving.
  4. We found it made about 3 servings, but you can easily double or cut the recipe in half. Dream of Disneyland and enjoy!

Looking for more of our favorite ice cream recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Hot Fudge Sundae Ice Cream Cake
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
Easy Cookies n’ Cream Cake
Frozen Samoa Cookie Dessert
Pina Colada Fruit Smoothie

Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!
With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can pre-order our book HERE on Amazon!

Like It? Share it!

If you enjoyed this post please consider sharing it with a friend

Family recipes, fun ideas, home projects & so much more!

Sign up for our free email newsletter and never miss another great recipe or tutorial.

1. Tammy Plunkett says

This recipe sounds delicious, but one of the reasons I am so in love with Dole Whips is because they are dairy free! All of the mock-up recipes use milk products…just wondering how they are actually made?

• Judy says

1 whole pineapple – cut up and frozen overnight
      1 cup of coconut milk (or milk of choice)

Place frozen chunks of pineapple and coconut milk into a food processor or high powered blender.
      Turn on food processor and blend until the consistency becomes creamy. You may have to stop several times and scoop down the pineapple.
      Makes about 3-4 servings.

2. Theresa says

hmm…since the mix is made with coconut oil, maybe if you made coconut milk ice cream and used that instead of dairy? I might have to try it….then of course I’d have to go to Disney to compare, for research purposes, of course! :D

3. Jennifer says

Thanks for the post. Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt offers “Dole Soft Serve Pineapple” — a great substitution if you can’t make it to Disneyland/Disney World for the real thing + it’s dairy free, gluten-free and nonfat. :)

4. Christie says

They make it in Hawaii (as you might expect) at the Dole plant on Oahu, the malls and at the airport. I looked like all they were using was pineapple, but who knows? It was the best thing I’ve ever eaten on a hot day.

5. Dave says

I’ve had Dole Whip on Oahu and at Disneyland. Definitely favor the flavor on the island. The closest I’ve come to re-creating the experience is to add 1/2 of a fresh pineapple and a 1/3 to 1/2 of a half gallon of pineapple sherbet in a blender topped off with ice. Blend and voila! BTW since you’re blending, it’s ok to leave the core on the pineapple! It’s the sweetest part ;)

6. Pamela Hoge says

Thanks for sharing. It looks delicious!

I’ve made something similar, using 2 – 4 * frozen bananas as a substitute for the ice cream. (Cut the bananas in chunks first and freeze in a Ziploc bag.)

This makes the recipe sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and Paleo-friendly. :)

*depending on size

7. Heather says

This is sooooo exciting… We’re in New Zealand and we had these at Disneyland so many times when we were on holiday – they were a favourite …and now we can make them at home… Thank you!

8. Charlsie says

From those that live in northern Utah, if you can’t make it to Disneyland or Oahu, they now serve Dole Whip at Lagoon. We buy season passes since we live close and we like to take the kiddos during less crowded days and times. We discovered the Dole Whip “shack” last year and when we received our generous portions of creamy pineapple goodness, our tummies were delighted! Making it at home is obviously awesome and cheaper but it’s always good to have a backup plan. ;o)

9. Jenny says

I love this delicious treat! Someone me a great recipe that mimics this one almost perfectly, and is dairy free! Mix pineapple sherbert with 100% pineapple juice and you get an amazing smoothie!

10. Gram says

I love Dole Whips and am buying the ingredients to make this recipe. My Disneyland-loving granddaughter and I will make these when she is visiting for Spring Break next week. I will let you know how they compare to the real thing. Thanks for posting!

11. Brooke says

Love love love love love!!! Absolutely the best recipe I have made in a long time. I’m telling all of my friends and even strangers in the grocery store, too good not to share!