Drinks, Fruit, Ice Cream

Disneyland Dole Whips

IMG_4392-700x1050[1]

IMG_4392

It’s spring break here in Utah for all of us college students! Unfortunately, being the poor college student that I am, I couldn’t quite afford the spring break Disneyland trip that most students seemed to be taking this year. I wasn’t sad I was going to be missing the rides or the fun Disney activities, I was only sad about not being able to get my most favorite treat in the world, Dole Pineapple Whips. After searching around for a little bit I decided it would be so easy to make my own version of the Pineapple Whips at home! So here is my version of the Disneyland Dole Pineapple Whips, that I will be enjoying in this cold Utah spring break weather!

Ingredients:
1 (16 oz) bag of frozen Dole Pineapple Chunks
4 cups vanilla ice cream
1 teaspoon lime juice
1 teaspoon lemon juice
12 ounces pineapple juice

Puree frozen pineapple in a blender.  It works best if it is about halfway thawed.  To that, add the ice cream, lime juice, lemon juice, and half (6oz) of the pineapple juice.  Blend together until it is well mixed. Freeze the mixture for about 2 hours to set up.  Scoop into glasses or bowls and pour the remaining pineapple juice over each serving.  We found it made about 3 servings, but you can easily double or cut the recipe in half.  Dream of Disneyland and enjoy!

Looking for more of our favorite ice cream recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Hot Fudge Sundae Ice Cream Cake
Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Pie
Easy Cookies n’ Cream Cake
Frozen Samoa Cookie Dessert
Pina Colada Fruit Smoothie

Check out the NEW Six Sisters’ Cookbook!

With over 150 recipes, we have put together 52 menu plans to make meal time a lot easier.
You can pre-order our book HERE on Amazon!

Comments

• Julie says

Yes, just as someone else posted, they are at the Magic Kingdom very near the Swiss Family Tree house, and right next door to where you meet Tinkerbell. It is called Aloha Isle. You can also get the orange flavor whip, or even a Dole Whip float (the whip plus pineapple juice). Very tasty and refreshing on a hot afternoon!

1. Mary Travis says

They have them at Disney World. We had them last Nov 2013. I think it was at MK close to Swiss Family tree. They were wonderful!

2. Tammy Plunkett says

This recipe sounds delicious, but one of the reasons I am so in love with Dole Whips is because they are dairy free! All of the mock-up recipes use milk products…just wondering how they are actually made?

• Heather Wassing says

I’ve seen a version on Pinterest that used almond milk and agave. Try to hunt that one down. It was tasty!

• Erin K says

They actually use some mixture in a bag into the ice cream dispenser. I found it a while ago while searching for the recipe and you can buy it online for around $30

3. Bobbi says

I have tried several recipes. Can’t find one like the real thing. :( After lots of searching, the thing I found is, from my understanding, it is a mix that they order.

4. Theresa says

hmm…since the mix is made with coconut oil, maybe if you made coconut milk ice cream and used that instead of dairy? I might have to try it….then of course I’d have to go to Disney to compare, for research purposes, of course! :D

5. Jennifer says

Thanks for the post. Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt offers “Dole Soft Serve Pineapple” — a great substitution if you can’t make it to Disneyland/Disney World for the real thing + it’s dairy free, gluten-free and nonfat. :)

6. Christie says

They make it in Hawaii (as you might expect) at the Dole plant on Oahu, the malls and at the airport. I looked like all they were using was pineapple, but who knows? It was the best thing I’ve ever eaten on a hot day.

7. Dave says

I’ve had Dole Whip on Oahu and at Disneyland. Definitely favor the flavor on the island. The closest I’ve come to re-creating the experience is to add 1/2 of a fresh pineapple and a 1/3 to 1/2 of a half gallon of pineapple sherbet in a blender topped off with ice. Blend and voila! BTW since you’re blending, it’s ok to leave the core on the pineapple! It’s the sweetest part ;)

8. Clauda says

The recipe calls for ice cream? How, then, is this dairy free? Did see someone’s suggestion to use whipped topping, like Cool Whip.????

9. Pamela Hoge says

Thanks for sharing. It looks delicious!

I’ve made something similar, using 2 – 4 * frozen bananas as a substitute for the ice cream. (Cut the bananas in chunks first and freeze in a Ziploc bag.)

This makes the recipe sugar-free, dairy-free, gluten-free, and Paleo-friendly. :)

*depending on size