Disneyland’s Monte Cristo Sandwich Recipe
We LOVE the Monte Cristo Sandwich at Disneyland, and now we can make it at home!
- 6 slices bread
- 6 slices Provolone cheese
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 6 slices turkey
- 6 slices ham
- 1 cup flour
- 1 egg
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tablespoon powdered sugar for topping
- ½ cup raspberry jam for dipping
- In a large pot or deep fryer, heat 1 to 2 inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees.
- To assemble sandwich, layer one slice of bread, ham, provolone cheese, turkey, and swiss cheese, and then another slice of bread.
- Secure all 4 corners of the sandwich with toothpicks.
- For the batter, in a bowl beat the egg. Add flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, and water and mix until all smooth.
- Dip sandwich in batter, coating all edges and sides.
- Carefully fry sandwich until golden brown on each side.
- Remove from oil and place on a paper towel covered plate to soak up the extra oil.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar, remove toothpicks, and serve with your favorite raspberry jam.
- Dream of Disneyland, and enjoy!
Calories: 951 kcal · Carbohydrates: 109 g · Protein: 50 g · Fat: 34 g · Saturated Fat: 17 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 169 mg · Sodium: 2049 mg · Potassium: 519 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 38 g · Vitamin A: 714 IU · Vitamin C: 5 mg · Calcium: 904 mg · Iron: 6 mg