Oh. My. Goodness. It is so hot at my house!! My little swamp cooler is just not cutting it today and so I refuse to use my oven. This is the ice cream mud pie I made for dessert tonight – layers of Oreo cookies, ice cream, and hot fudge make it taste amazing. Top it off with whipped cream, nuts, more Oreos, and as much hot fudge as you can handle!
20 minPrep Time
20 minTotal Time
- 1 (15 oz) package of Oreo's
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 (12 oz) container fudge ice cream topping (I used hot fudge)
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream
- 2 cups nuts, chopped (optional)
- Whipped topping
- Crushed Oreos to sprinkle on top
- Crush the package of Oreo's (either in your blender or in a ziploc bag with a rolling pin) and mix with melted butter. Press cookie crust into 9x13" cake pan or 2 pie pans.
- Soften ice cream at room temperature for about 30-35 minutes. Spread ice cream onto the Oreo crust and freeze for 2 hours.
- Pour warm fudge topping over ice cream. Freeze until well chilled (I usually freeze it for about 6-8 hours to make sure that it is set up).
- Cut into serving-size pieces. Top individual pieces with whipped topping, nuts, drizzled hot fudge, and crushed oreos.
Looking for more delicious recipes with ice cream?
Easy Cookies n Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe
Fried Ice Cream Without the Fried
Oreo Chocolate Nummy Mess
Homemade Caramel Snickerdoodle Ice Cream
Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream Pie