Popcorn is that snack you never get tired of. It’s so easy to make and you can add so many variations
We added a twist to that everyday caramel popcorn recipe and added Bugles. The salty Bugles are the perfect combo when paired up with thick gooey caramel.
Drizzle it with milk chocolate and white chocolate for that sweet Zebra topping. You’ll have one amazing snack that your family will love.
We grew up eating soft and chewy homemade caramel popcorn. It’s our soft caramel popcorn recipe. The smell of it brings back many childhood memories. We would make a batch of caramel popcorn twice a year when we watch General Conference that is broadcast worldwide through our church.
Every conference we have the tradition of taking caramel popcorn to our neighbors so they can enjoy it too. Every spring and fall the smell of homemade caramel popcorn fills our homes.
This year they may get a new added twist with our Zebra Caramel Bugles. We made a batch the other day and set them on the counter. They didn’t last long at all. So you might want to start off with a double batch. Just FYI.
Zebra Caramel Bugles would make a great snack for a picnic, day at the pool, movie night, or as a party snack.
could you use other snack crackers in place of bugles?
You could easily substitute other ingredients from the snack aisle in place of the Bugles. Here are a few ideas, some are small cookies:
- Popped Popcorn
- Fritos Corn Chips
- Pretzels (any shape)
- Animal Crackers
- Mini Nutter Butter Cookies
how to make Zebra Caramel Bugles
If you love caramel popcorn, then you’ve got to give these Zebra Caramel Bugles a try. It has a little more sweet and salty than your regular caramel popcorn does. The Bugles give the perfect amount of salty flavor.
If these Zebra Caramel Bugles go really fast after making a batch, just know that another batch can be ready in about 10 minutes. It’s a WIN for everyone.
Here are a few simple ingredients that you will need.
- Remove the Bugles from the bag and place in a big mixing bowl.
- Place parchment paper on a cookie sheet.
- In a saucepan over medium heat combine the brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup. Mix and stir until it smooth and starts to boil. Let boil for about 1 1/2 minutes stirring constantly. Then add in the baking soda and stir in well.
- Pour this caramel mixture over the Bugles in the mixing bowl. Stir in gently because you don’t want to crush the Bugles. After it cooled slightly, I mixed it with my hands.
- Spread it out on the parchment lined cookie sheet and let cool.
- Place the white chocolate and milk chocolate chips in individual baggies.
- Microwave at 30 second intervals until the chips are melted.
- Snip off the corner of each baggie and drizzle over the cooled caramel bugles.
- Let the Zebra topping set up and then you can break the Bugles into sections and enjoy a delicious dessert.
items used in making zebra caramel bugles
- Parchment Paper – We love using parchment paper for Zebra Caramel Bugles as well as baking cookies.
- Saucepan – This set of 2 pans is a favorite non stick saucepan.
- Cookie Sheet – 2 commercial baker’s half sheets. Great for baking cookies and bars.
- 3 Piece Mixing Bowl Set – 3 sizes for all of your cooking needs.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert, and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!
check out more of our favorite snack recipes
- Chocolate Orange Popcorn
- Twix Caramel Popcorn
- Easter Bunny Muddy Buddies
- Triple Peanut Butter Muddy Buddies
- Reese’s Nutter Butter Cookie Truffles
Recipe adapted from Little Dairy on the Prairie. Go check out all of her amazing recipes.
Have you seen our YouTube channel?