This recipe for Twix Caramel Popcorn is the perfect snack for a movie night or a party! It is the perfect mix of sweet and crunchy. It’s so easy to make. But we have to warn you…..it can be very addicting after the first handful!
Twix Caramel Popcorn Recipe
- 5 cups plain air popped popcorn equals about 1 cup of popcorn kernels
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 24 fun size twix bars chopped into bite size pieces
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips melted
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees and place the popped corn in a bowl. Set bowl aside.
- In a saucepan melt butter over medium heat. Stir in the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Let mixture boil for about 4 minutes (without stirring it). Remove saucepan from heat and mix in baking soda and vanilla extract. Pour caramel over popcorn in the bowl and gently stir until all of the popcorn is covered.
- Spread popcorn on two large cookie sheets and bake in preheated oven, stirring every 15 minutes, for about an hour. Remove popcorn from oven and let cool completely.
- Break popcorn into pieces and mix in chopped Twix candy bars. Drizzle melted chocolate chips all over the popcorn. Let the popcorn cool until the chocolate hardens (which takes about 30 minutes - if you can wait that long!). Store at room temperature in an airtight container.
- Medium Mixing Bowl
- Large Cookie Sheets
Recipe Source: Two Peas and Their Pod