One of our favorite recipes is our Rolo Pretzel Turtle Bites. We decided to put a spin on that recipe and change it up to taste like a Take 5 candy bar. They turned out amazing.
I don’t know if there is a better combination than sweet and salty. It is so tasty and full of flavor and satisfies both my sweet and savory tastebuds.
I love Take 5 Candy bars, but as I was eating one, I was sad at how fast it disappeared. I decided I would try and make my own Take 5 Candy bar, and I am very pleased with the results. You will love this sweet and salty combination.
You are going to love how easy these are to make. They literally come together in minutes, and only require a few ingredients.
how to make the perfect chocolate drizzle:
I love going into candy shops, and looking at the perfectly drizzled chocolates. I also love eating all the chocolates. I am a huge chocoholic.
I have always tried to perfect the perfect drizzle, but could never figure out how they made each chocolate so uniformed.
I finally asked how they did the perfect drizzle and got my own personal tour of the place, and they showed me exactly how they do it.
You will not believe how easy it is. Here is what they do:
- In a glass cup, they push in a plastic ziplock bag.
- They gently scoop the melted chocolate into the ziplock bag.
- They remove the ziplock bag from the cup and squeeze it to one corner.
- Next, they snip a tiny hole in the corner of the bag with some scissors.
- They gently squeeze out a uniform drizzle of chocolate onto each chocolate square and repeat.
That’s all there is to it. I took this method and used it on these Take 5 Mini Bites, and they were perfect.
Watch how to make another homemade candy recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Homemade Butterfingers Bars are so easy to make and full of chocolatey peanut butter flavor. You will never guess the secret ingredient in these bad boys. Watch how easy they are to make, here:
looking for more copycat candy recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Butterscotch Candies
- Homemade Big Hunk Candy Bar
- Homemade Honey Candy
- Homemade Butterfinger Bites
- Milk Chocolate Sea Salt Caramels
Take 5 Mini Bites Recipe
- 100 small square pretzels
- 50 rolo candies 12 ounce bag
- ½ cup + 2 Tablespoons peanut butter (creamy or crunchy)
- ⅛ cup powdered sugar
- ½ Tablespoon melted butter
- ½ teaspoon milk
- 2½ cups milk chocolate chips divided
- ¼ teaspoon vegetable oil
- Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Place 50 pretzels all over the parchment paper and top each one with an unwrapped rolo candy. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl mix together peanut butter, powdered sugar, melted butter and milk until smooth and creamy. Spread a little of the peanut butter mixture on the other 50 pretzels.
- Heat oven to 300 degrees and place the cookie sheet with the pretzels and rolos in the oven for about 3 minutes.
- Remove from oven and top with the peanut butter pretzels and press gently to make a sandwich. (Peanut butter side down!)
- Place the cookie sheet in the freezer for about 20 minutes to set up.
- Melt 2 cups of the chocolate chips with 1/4 teaspoon of oil in the microwave. Stir until smooth. Dip each pretzel sandwich in the chocolate and shake off excess chocolate. (I used a plastic fork with the center prongs broken off. Place back on the parchment lined cookie sheet. You can stick it in the fridge to set up.
- Then melt 1/2 cup of chocolate chips and put in a sandwich baggie and snip the corner. Pipe the chocolate onto each of the pretzel squares.
- Cookie Sheet
- parchment paper
- Medium Bowl
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!