Some people at my mom’s work were talking about this recipe and how amazing it was. They then told me the ingredients used to make these homemade Butterfingers and I was incredibly doubtful .
I love Butterfinger candy bars, but I am not crazy about candy corn. They don’t taste like each other at all! So, in an effort to prove them wrong, I tried this recipe .
And I am still in complete shock over how DELICIOUS they were!
And yes, they really did taste like Butterfingers! It is unreal! The taste is seriously spot-on.
I did feel like they weren’t as hard and flaky as the actual candy bars, but I read that freezing the bars a for a little while will help with that. I actually liked these bars better than the Butterfinger candy bar. Try them out for yourself . . . they are so easy to make and require no baking at all.
If you like these Butterfinger bars, you are sure to love our Homemade big hunk candy bars. they are better than the childhood favorite treat!
Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bars Recipe
The most random ingredients to make the yummiest Butterfinger candy bars!
- 16 ounces candy corn
- 16 ounces creamy peanut butter
- 16 ounces chocolate candy coating
- Melt candy corn in microwave on high 1 minute. Stir and continue cooking in 15-second intervals until completely melted, stirring after each interval. Stir in peanut butter. Spread mixture in a 9x9" pan lined with wax paper
- Let cool completely (put in the fridge if you want it to set up more quickly). Cut into bite-size squares or bars.
- Melt chocolate as directed on package. Dip peanut butter bars in melted chocolate candy coating. Lay on waxed paper to set.
Calories: 270 kcal · Carbohydrates: 31 g · Protein: 7 g · Fat: 14 g · Saturated Fat: 3 g · Sodium: 206 mg · Potassium: 184 mg · Fiber: 2 g · Sugar: 26 g · Calcium: 12 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- 9 x 9 inch pan
Recipe adapted from Taste of Home Community.