Sun-dried tomatoes are one of my absolute favorite vegetables! They still count as a vegetable (or are they a fruit?), even though they’ve been in the sun right? Like raisins. Raisins are fruit, too?…okay. I digress. Whatever they are categorized as – they are delicious. I especially love them in pastas, but where it’s so hot – I really don’t want to be serving up warm dishes in the middle of a scorching day. I love our mom’s traditional pasta salad that’s served cold, so I changed up a few ingredients and this delicious pasta was born. I brought it to our last family barbecue (right before Elyse had her baby and Kristen moved to Indiana) and it was a hit.
Related Recipe: Sun Dried Tomato Fettuccini
Sun-Dried Tomato Pasta Salad Recipe
- 16 ounce Vermicelli pasta cooked, drained, and cooled
- 2-3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 1 red pepper diced
- 1 yellow pepper diced
- 1 green pepper diced
- ½ red onion diced
- 16 ounces feta cheese crumbled
- 8½ ounces sun-dried tomatoes in oil drained and diced
- 16 ounces Greek Vinaigrette Dressing (I used Wishbone - not sponsored, just truth!)
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until they are evenly distributed. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving (this lets the flavors soak in a little bit!).