If you’ve been around for a while, you know how much we love our Cake Bites from Sweet Tooth Fairy.
Unfortunately, living in California, I don’t get them as often as I’d like (although I do order them for myself on every occasion I can think of).
I made these Strawberry Lemonade Cake Bites right at home, and they weren’t hard to make at all. They are perfectly sweet with just a hint of sour – and they’re the perfect color for Valentine’s Day.
They’ll tie me over until I make it back to Utah to stock up on cake bites again.
If you need a quick fruity dessert, that is light and delicious, we highly recommend making these Strawberry Lemonade Cake Bites.
what other frosting would be good with this recipe?
This recipe calls for lemon frosting, which is our favorite with these, however if you are not a lemon fan, you could easily replace it with something else.
We recommend using a vanilla, or a strawberry frosting if you are not using the lemon frosting.
Really any frosting combination that would taste delicious with strawberries, would be good in these cupcakes.
We have also tried fufetti frosting with these and they were very delicious.
what is the best way to do the drizzle on the cake bites?
We have found that the best way to do an organized drizzle on the cake bites, is to use the plastic bag trick.
Here is how to do it:
Step 1: Melt your pink chocolate in the microwave, stirring every 20 – 30 seconds until smooth.
Step 2: Take a cup, and place your plastic bag in the cup, wrapping the edges of the bag, around the outside of the cup.
Step 3: Pour the chocolate into the bag.
Step 4: Remove the bag from the cup, and squeeze all the chocolate to one corner.
Step 5: Cut a small hole in the corner of the bag and squeeze over the cake bites, to make the perfect drizzle, or design of your choice.
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
looking for more bite size dessert recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Red Velvet Cake Bites
- Oreo Cheesecake Bites
- Pumpkin Muffin Bites
- Mini Salted Caramel Cheesecakes
- Valentine’s Cookie Pops
Strawberry Lemonade Cake Bites Recipe
- 1 (15.25 ounce) strawberry cake mix
- Ingredients called for on cake mix (usually oil, eggs, and water)
- 16 ounces lemon frosting
- 1 pound white chocolate candy coating or almond bark
- pink candy melts
- Bake the cake according to directions on the package. Let it cool completely, then put the entire cake in a bowl and crumble it up. (I found that it was easiest to just use my hands to completely crumble the cake.)
- Stir in the container of frosting, about ½ at cup at a time. Once it reaches a nice consistency that will hold together when you roll it in a ball, it?s perfect.
- Roll the mashed cake and frosting into 1/2 - 3/4 inch balls, then smash them down so that they are shape of a disc.
- Place bites on a large baking sheet covered in wax paper and place them into the fridge for about 30 minutes to set up.
- Melt white chocolate candy coating according to directions on back of package. Use a skewer to dip each ball - poke it into the cake ball and dip it into the melted bark. Rotate each bite a couple of times to make sure it is evenly covered with chocolate. Stick the cake bite back onto the wax paper. Let the bites set up.
- To drizzle the candy melts on top, melt candy according to package directions. Spoon melted candy into a resealable sandwich bag. Clip a TINY corner on the bag and drizzle the candy melts onto each bite.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!