I am a hard-core cheesecake lover.
They opened a Cheesecake Factory Restaurant (hooray!) about 20 minutes from my house and last Saturday my husband I decided to go try it out.
We had some friends arrive a couple of minutes before we did to put our names on the waiting list (it was around 5 pm on Saturday night) . . . the wait for a table was over 2 HOURS long!!
I love cheesecake, but I wasn’t sure I could wait TWO HOURS for some.
So, we ate at a delicious Mexican restaurant and I came home and made my own cheesecake.
The thing that I love about this recipe is that it can be cut into little tiny bite-size pieces. For some reason I don’t feel as guilty when I pop about 10 of these little bites into mouth as compared to sitting down and devouring a huge piece of cheesecake (even though I have a feeling they equal out to be about the same amount).
Also, make these for your friends . . . you will instantly become very popular! 🙂
Related Recipe: Don’t miss out on our amazing Red Velvet Cake Bites!
Oreo Cheesecake Bites Recipe
Oreos and cheesecake together? That is my idea of a HEAVENLY dessert!
- 36 OREO cookies divided
- ¼ cup butter divided
- 4 (8 ounce) cream cheese softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup sour cream I used light
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 8 ounces chocolate candy coating or chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- Line a 13x9" baking pan with foil, with ends extending over sides. Finely crush 24 cookies (I placed them in a Ziploc bag and crushed them with my rolling pin). Melt 1/4 cup butter; mix with crumbs. Press onto bottom of prepared pan.
- Beat softened cream cheese and sugar with mixer until blended. Add sour cream and vanilla; mix well. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating after each just until blended. Chop remaining 12 Oreo cookies. Gently stir into batter; pour over crust.
- Bake for about 45 minutes or until center is almost set. Let cool (I stuck mine into the fridge for about 2 hours).
- After the cheesecake has cooled down, microwave chocolate in a microwaveable bowl until melted (follow directions on packaging); stir until smooth.
- Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan and cut into bite-size pieces. Place on baking sheet covered in wax paper.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over each piece of cheesecake using a spoon. Stick in the fridge until chocolate has hardened.
Calories: 164 kcal · Carbohydrates: 21 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 8 g · Saturated Fat: 4 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 38 mg · Sodium: 118 mg · Potassium: 64 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 16 g · Vitamin A: 161 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 19 mg · Iron: 2 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13 Inch Baking Dish
Recipe adapted from Kraft Recipes