I love a delicious cooked breakfast. This french toast bake tastes absolutely amazing and you can make it the night before for a quick, easy breakfast.
This is a perfect recipe for Valentine’s Day, Mothers Day, or really any morning that doesn’t have an occasion.
We even love this dish for dinner. If you have never had breakfast for dinner, this is definitely a recipe we recommend trying out.
It is so easy to make, and a family favorite. Your kids will love this delicious fruity, breakfast. You’ll love it too, because it is to simple, and tastes absolutely amazing.
what could i put on this, instead of syrup?
This recipe includes a homemade syrup recipe, and it is so delicious. It is so easy to make and has the most amazing flavor.
However, if you are looking for a syrup alternative, this recipe would taste absolutely amazing with a frosting glaze. We highly recommend using our recipe from our, Cream Cheese Glaze.
It is so easy to make, and pairs nicely with the sweet bread, and strawberries.
could i freeze this recipe, then thaw as needed?
For this recipe, we do not recommend freezing then thawing. Bread when soggy can freeze a little funny, as well as fruit, that when you bake it, there will be extra moisture, and your French Toast will be extremely soggy.
If you are wanting to make it ahead of time, I would say you would be fine to do so 24 hours in advance, but no more than that.
watch how to make another one of our favorite french toast recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Pecan French Toast Recipe, here:
looking for more delicious breakfast recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Strawberry Cream Cheese French Toast Bake Recipe
- 12 slices white bread cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 ounces cream cheese cut into small cubes
- 2 cups fresh strawberries sliced
- 2 cups half and half cream
- 12 large eggs
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh strawberries sliced
- 1 Tablespoon butter
- Spray a 9x13-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. Spread half the bread cubes in the prepared baking dish. Top with cream cheese cubes and strawberries. Layer remaining bread cubes over the strawberry layer.
- In a blender, mix together half-and-half and eggs until fully incorporated. Add maple syrup and blend until smooth. Pour mixture over bread mixture.
- Cover the baking dish with foil and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove baking dish 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and bake the covered casserole for 30 minutes. Remove foil and continue baking for an additional 30 minutes.
- To make the syrup, whisk together sugar, water and cornstarch in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat until mixture has thickened, about 5 minutes. Mix strawberries into the sugar mixture and cook over medium heat until strawberries are softened, about 10 minutes. Add butter and stir until butter is melted.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!