If you are looking for a healthier recipe, you have got to try this! It tastes amazing and you don’t even need salad dressing on top!
Serves: 8 people
Slow Cooker Santa Fe Chicken Salad Recipe
This chicken salad tastes amazing and you don’t even need salad dressing on top!
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 14 ounce can diced tomatoes with mild green chilies not drained
- 15 ounce can black beans drained
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 medium zucchini diced
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 14 ounces fat free chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- salt to taste
- 8 cups spinach (or your favorite lettuce)
- 1 avocado
- Place your chicken breasts on the bottom of the slow cooker. On top of the chicken dump in the chicken broth, beans (drained), corn, tomatoes, cilantro, zucchini, garlic powder, onion powder, cumin, and salt in the crock pot.
- Cook on low for 10 hours or on high for 6 hours. Half hour before serving, remove chicken and shred. Return chicken to slow cooker and stir in. Adjust salt and seasoning to taste. Serve over spinach or lettuce. Serve with avocado slices on top.
- (You can add our favorite dressing if you want.)
Calories: 284 kcal · Carbohydrates: 24 g · Protein: 32 g · Fat: 7 g · Saturated Fat: 1 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 73 mg · Sodium: 369 mg · Potassium: 1144 mg · Fiber: 8 g · Sugar: 2 g · Vitamin A: 3032 IU · Vitamin C: 23 mg · Calcium: 79 mg · Iron: 3 mg
- Slow Cooker