Everyone loves a good cobbler. This slow cooker peach cobbler recipe is super simple and will be your go-to cobbler recipe! Not to mention the compliments you will get from everyone who tries this will have this recipe end up on your “favorites” list.
Ingredients needed to make slow cooker peach cobbler:
You probably already have these ingredients on hand!
- Peaches (fresh or frozen work great for this recipe)
- Brown sugar
- Yellow cake mix
TOOLS & UTENSILS needed to make this cobbler
- Slow cooker: this one is my favorite and I use it for all of our slow cooker recipes.
- Non-stick cooking spray or slow cooker liner: this cobbler is sticky, so using one of these will help make clean up so much easier!
- Mixing bowl
make this in the instant pot! Get the recipe here: Instant Pot Peach Cobbler (it’s AMAZING!)
Pro tips to know:
You will want to be sure to use at least a 6-quart slow cooker to make this recipe – you want to be able to spread the ingredients all over the bottom of the pan. If your slow cooker is small, the ingredients would be a lot deeper in the smaller pot and it won’t set up correctly to make this recipe work.
Also, I know I have said it before but, every slow cooker will cook differently, so be watching for when the cake layer starts to turn golden brown. The edges might be a little darker to ensure that the middle is done.
How to make Slow Cooker Cobbler:
To start, grab a mixing bowl and mix together the peaches, cinnamon, and brown sugar. Stir everything together until the peaches are fully coated.
Next, get the slow cooker set up and ready for the peach cobbler by spraying the inside with the non-stick cooking spray. Then, simply dump the coated peaches into the slow cooker.
You could even use a slow cooker liner to make clean up even easier.
Continue putting together the peach cobbler by sprinkling the yellow cake mix over top of the peaches in the bottom of the slow cooker. Make sure to cover all of the peaches and using ALL of the yellow cake mix.
Then, take the stick of butter and slice it into small pieces and place it over the yellow cake mix. Essentially you are going to be making a layer of sliced butter, so you should not be able to see any of the cake mix once you are finished.
Lastly, turn the slow cooker on high for about 4 hours or until the cake turns a nice golden brown. Also, when serving it warmly, make sure to have some vanilla ice cream to go with it!
Other tricks to try:
- Canned peaches can be used, but you will want to make sure that you drain them really well before using since the extra moisture can make the cake soggy.
- We usually peel the peaches before using them in this recipe. The best way to peel peaches quickly is to place peaches in a pot of boiling water for about 10-20 seconds and then the skins will slide right off.
- Want something other than peaches? You could also use sliced apples instead of peaches for an apple cobbler. Frozen berries work great for a berry cobbler too!
- Want to add some more texture? You can add chopped nuts (pecans, almonds, or walnuts are delicious!) to the cake mix or sprinkle them on the top for an added crunch.
- Some people like to add ½ teaspoon almond extract to the fruit to enhance the taste even more.
Want something a little sooner than 4 hours from now? Check out this recipe that bakes in the oven: our Peach Cobbler Dump Cake. It’s also absolutely delicious!
Six Sisters’ Stuff also has a YouTube Channel! On our YouTube Channel, we walk you through our tried and true recipes step-by-step.
If you would like another fresh recipe to make and enjoy take a look at this
Other cobbler recipes to try:
- One Pan Triple Berry Cobbler
- Pumpkin Pecan Cobbler
- Peach and Berry Crisp
- Slow Cooker Cake Mix Apple Cobbler
- Peach Cobbler Dump Cake
WANT TO HAVE MORE RECIPES AT YOUR FINGERTIPS??
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!