The biggest challenge for me is getting all the servings of vegetables I need each day.
One night for dinner, I had some BBQ chicken in the crock pot (which is one of my go-to meals when I need dinner in a hurry) and I was trying to think of how I could get all my vegetable servings in one sitting.
I started clearing out all the vegetables in the fridge and decided to turn my BBQ chicken into a salad. It was the perfect way to get my family to eat tons of vegetables AND clear out my fridge before the vegetables went bad.
My kids loved this because everything was chopped into bite-sized pieces and they could pick and choose what they wanted with their chicken!
What dressing would be good on this salad?
Dressings can be tricky. They can make or break a salad. Especially flavors that have bold ingredients and flavors.
For this particular recipe, I would be careful what you pair it with. I personally wouldn’t use a vinaigrette, but something a little more creamy.
Here are some recommendations:
–Barbecue Ranch: I love combining a little bit of barbecue sauce, with some ranch, as a dressing, for this salad. I do two parts ranch, to one part barbecue.
–Blue Cheese: I know blue cheese ranch dressing isn’t for everyone, but I love it with this recipe. If you don’t love blue cheese ranch, you could also use any regular ranch.
–Honey Mustard: I think honey mustard and bbq sauce mix well with this salad. I would definitely find a honey mustard dressing, and not use honey mustard dip.
Related recipe: If you love this slow cooker bbq chicken cobb salad, be sure to try our SLOW COOKER CHICKEN STROGANOFF. It’s absolutely amazing.
Have you heard about our restaurant copycat cookbook?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Have a sweet tooth? We have just the cure. Watch how to make our favorite dessert, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it just for you. We wanted to show you how simple and delicious our recipes are.
We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it. We answer all your questions, and help you get the recipe, perfect, each and every time you make it.
If you are looking for more simple and delicious recipes, head over to our channel and check them out.
We love baking, and one of our favorite things to bake is our, Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies.
Watch how to make our Mom’s Famous Marshmallow Brownies, here:
Looking for more salad recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
Slow Cooker BBQ Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
- 5 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 18 ounces BBQ Sauce 1 bottle
- 12 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 avocados diced
- 3 Roma tomatoes diced
- 1 green bell pepper chopped
- 2 carrots thinly sliced
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 3 eggs hardboiled, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Spray the inside of your crock pot with non-stick cooking spray. Place chicken breasts inside and pour the bottle of barbecue sauce on top. Cover with lid and cook on low for 4-5 hours (or high for about 2 1/2 hours). Take chicken out of slow cooker and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Once chicken is cut, assemble your salads. Place about 2 cups of lettuce on the bottom of your plate and top with the vegetables/toppings of your choice. Top salad with your favorite salad dressing (my husband and I love ranch, my dad loves Thousand Island, my mom loves Italian . . . anything goes!).
- Other toppings you might want to add: cucumbers, red onion, green onion, bleu cheese . . . the possibilities are endless!
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Slow Cooker
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Questions & Reviews
Meg @ myborrowedheaven.blogspot.com