I’m a big fan of the chocolate turtles. The sweet and salty combination is so satisfying… so why not turn it into a cake? This Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake is definitely a new favorite that I promise any chocolate lover will devour. And for the chocolate haters, this cake just might change your mind 🙂
Looking for more Poke Cake Recipes? Try our Caramel Pumpkin Poke Cake!
Chocolate Turtle Poke Cake Recipe
- 18.25 ounces Devil's Food Cake Mix
- 3 eggs
- 1 ¼ cups water
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½ cup chocolate sauce
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup Cool Whip
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup melted milk chocolate chips
- ½ cup mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup melted caramels
- ⅓ cup crushed pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, water and vegetable oil until well-combined.
- Once the batter is fully mixed, add the 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Spray a 9x13 pan with non-stick cooking spray, and spread batter evenly about in pan.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the cake is cooked all the way through but not burned.
- Once the cake is done cooking, take out and let cool for about 1 hour.
- Once the cake has cooled, poke holes in the cake about every 1-2 inches (I used the round end of a bottom wooden spoon).
- Pour the chocolate and caramel sauce over the holes, and on top of the cake.
- Refrigerate for about 1 hour
- In a separate bowl, combine cream cheese, cool whip, powdered sugar, and vanilla with a hand mixer, until it is a smooth creamy texture.
- Pour the cream cheese mixture over the cake and spread evenly.
- Drizzle the melted caramel and chocolate over the frosting.
- Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips and pecans.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan