This Slow Cooker Banana Bread is perfect for summer when you need a baked good to cure that sweet tooth, but you don’t feel like heating up the whole house.
Plus, nothing beats the smell of fresh banana bread, so why not let it cook all day long. Yum.
If you are in need of a delicious banana dessert, or need to put those over ripe banana’s to work, this is the recipe to make. It is so simple and so delicious.
Perfect for summer, or all year round. You are not going to be disappointed in this sweet treat. It’s perfect for breakfast, snacks, or dessert.
What is the best way to store this recipe?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t have many leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store them is putting them in the fridge.
We recommend placing them in an air tight storage container, and putting them in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat them for more than a week, we recommend freezing them. Again the best way to freeze them is placing them in an airtight storage container and putting them in the freezer.
They will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw them, we recommend placing them in the fridge overnight and serving them the next day. You could also give it a little microwave to warm it up, (after it thaws) and it will taste like it came straight out of the oven.
What is a substitute for bananas?
This bread obviously can’t be entirely substituted, however, if you only have a banana or two, you could always use a little applesauce.
It is the perfect healthy and quick alternative, that will still give the bread a sweet flavor. we recommend just a little over a half of cup of applesauce, to replace one mashed banana.
Ripe bananas also work best for this recipe. They are more sweet and bake a little better.
Banana bread add ins:
This bread is delicious as is, but here are a few add ins we highly recommend:
- M & M’s
- Peanut Butter Chips
- Chocolate Chips
- Walnuts or pecans
- Cream cheese swirls
Watch how to make another banana favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets make the perfect dessert, breakfast, or snack. They are full of flavor and the perfect way to put ripe bananas to use. Watch how to make them, here:
Looking for more banana recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
Slow Cooker Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 3 bananas mashed
- ¾ cup sliced almonds optional
- Prepare your crockpot by buttering or using non stick cooking spray to coat the bottom half of the crockpot.
- In a bowl, stir together butter, sugar, and eggs, until well combined.
- Add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and nutmeg to butter and sugar mixture.
- Stir in flour. The mixture will be a little dry at this point.
- Combine dough with mashed bananas and almonds, stir until well combined.
- Pour mixture into crockpot. Cover top of crockpot with 2-3 paper towels, and place the lid overtop. This will keep the bread moist while cooking
- Cook on low for 4 hours. The top will be slightly browned when done and toothpick inserted in the middle will come out warm.
- After 4 hours, take a butter knife and run it along the edges of the bread to loosen the loaf. Flip it upside down onto a platter and let it cool. Enjoy!
- Mixing Bowl
- Slow Cooker