I eat way too much ice cream, but when it is as easy as this recipe, there is no reason not to. You don’t even need an ice cream maker to enjoy this tasty treat.
It comes together in a flash, and tastes absolutely amazing. I am a huge ice cream fan, but I don’t always love bringing out the ice cream maker, to make my own.
This recipe requires no ice cream maker or machine, so it is perfect. We love this Rocky Road Ice Cream the best. It is so simple and so delicious.
It only requires a few simple ingredients, and it is so fast to throw together.
Our favorite ice cream toppings:
We are all about toppings. If you need a few ice cream topping suggestions, we have quite the list for you.
Ice cream is good, but once you add a little twist of all your favorite toppings, it becomes delicious. Here are a few toppings we love on our ice cream desserts:
- Candy bars (Snickers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Milky Ways, Heath Bar, etc.)
- Oreo Cookies
- Andes Mints
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Drizzle
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Hot Fudge
- Nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Fruit (fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.)
- Graham Crackers
- Marshmallow Cream
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
What could I use in place of cocoa powder?
For this recipe, we highly recommend using cocoa powder, just because it is pretty thick, and will give it the best chocolatey taste.
However, if you don’t have any on hand, I am sure this recipe would work just as well using hot chocolate mix, or a chocolate drink mix, such as Nestle. We do recommend cocoa powder, because it will give it that rich chocolate flavor, but these drink mixes could potentially work, they just won’t have as strong of a chocolate flavor.
Watch how to make another frozen chocolate dessert recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Frozen hot Chocolate recipe is a kid and family favorite. It’s so easy and simple to throw together and tastes absolutely delicious. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more frozen desserts? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
- Old Fashion Vanilla Ice Cream
- No – Churn Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream
Rocky Road Ice Cream Recipe
- 14 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 8 ounces Cool Whip
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup mini marshmallows
- In a medium saucepan over low heat, cook and stir condensed milk and cocoa until smooth.
- Remove from heat and fold in Cool Whip and vanilla extract. Stir until smooth. Let cool completely.
- Add chopped pecans and mini marshmallows.
- Pour mixture into a large airtight container. Cover and freeze until firm.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!