My husband and I have been trying to eat healthier as part of our Six Sisters’ Strong Challenge, but I have the hardest time eating salad! I love just about anything with balsamic vinegar so I thought I would throw together a salad with a few of my favorite ingredients in hopes that I would make a salad my family would love. This salad was so easy to make and tasted amazing!
Berry Balsamic Salad with Candied Pecans Recipe
- 1 (16 ounce) bag spring salad mix
- 2 cups strawberries sliced
- 1 cup blackberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup strawberry jam
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Toss together spring salad mix, sliced strawberries and blackberries. Add some Feta cheese for garnish (as much or little as you like).
- In a saucepan over medium heat, mix together chopped pecans and sugar.
- Stir constantly for a few minutes until the sugar has caramelized and all of the pecans are coated.
- Spread the coated pecans on a piece of foil or wax paper to cool.
- After they are completely cool, break into pieces if they get clumped together. Add cooled pecans to salad and toss.
- Whisk together strawberry jam, balsamic vinegar and oil. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Join me in my kitchen to see how to make this recipe:
This post is sponsored by:
I fell in love with Dacor Appliances when walking through a kitchen showroom last year. I was honestly in awe of all their appliances. They have thought of everything you could ever want in your appliances!
As soon as we decided to remodel our kitchen, I knew that I wanted Dacor appliances!
American made, family-owned Dacor has been designing and manufacturing luxury kitchen appliances for three generations. Dacor provides a full line of innovative products designed to appeal to a broad segment of the luxury kitchen appliance market. With products available through a network of over 1,500 retail locations, Dacor is bringing luxurious appliances to customers throughout North America, and into select countries worldwide.
Be sure to check out more of their AMAZING products on their website! You can also follow them on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and YouTube!