If you’re looking to eat better – this recipe is a great one. With the spinach and tomatoes on top, you get a nice serving of veggies with every spoonful.
Kids won’t even notice the veggies, because it seriously tastes so yummy and is so simple to throw together.
You can use low-fat Alfredo to cut back on calories, and make it healthier by using whole-wheat pasta. Any way you fix this one up, it is sure to be a family favorite.
We now have this about once a week (sometimes twice) because it is so quick and simple to throw together, but a family favorite that I know everyone will eat.
Would any noodle work?
For this recipe, I used penne pasta. However, you don’t have to use penne pasta. I just prefer it, because the noodles are easier to stab, and it’s perfect for little fingers.
Really any noodles or pasta you have on hand, will work for this recipe.
I have also made it using spaghetti noodles, as well as bow tie pasta, and they both tasted the same, and just as delicious.
I have also made this with whole wheat noodles and it was very tasty and a healthier alternative as well.
sneak in extra veggies:
The thing I love about this recipe, is it’s so easy to sneak in extra vegetables. You could easily throw in more spinach, or even broccoli, peas, carrots, zucchini, celery, squash, etc. It’s so tasty and so easy to disguise veggies in this recipe, if you have picky eaters.
I will usually throw in an extra handful or two of spinach, because as it cooks, it shrinks down a little.
watch how to make another easy chicken favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Easy Chicken Salad Sandwiches make the perfect lunch, dinner or snack. They are so quick to throw together and taste amazing. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more chicken recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Cajun Chicken Sausage Bake
- Buffalo Chicken Kale Salad
- Parmesan Chicken Bake
- Alfredo Grilled Chicken Pizza
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken Tacos
Pesto Chicken Florentine Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons garlic minced
- 3 boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into thin strips
- 2 cups spinach fresh leaves
- 15 ounces Alfredo sauce
- 3 Tablespoons pesto
- 8 ounces Pasta penne
- ¼ cup Romano cheese grated
- 1 tomato diced
- In large pot of salted boiling water, cook pasta for 8-10 minutes (or until al dente). Rinse under cold water and drain.
- In another sauce pan, warm Alfredo sauce on medium until heated through. Add the 3 tablespoons of pesto and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet on medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and saute for 1 minute.
- Add in chicken strips and cook until chicken is browned and cooked all the way through.
- Add spinach and saute for another 2-3 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add spinach and chicken mixture to pasta, and then stir in the pesto/Alfredo mixture.
- Mix well, and top with tomatoes and cheese to serve.
- Large Saucepan
- Large Bowl
Our newest cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!