Today’s recipe for Ham and Pineapple Pizza Roll-Ups comes straight from the brain of my 7 year old daughter.
These make a perfect snack, lunch, or even dinner – or whip them up as a quick appetizer for your guests at any upcoming holiday party!
When I was growing up, I learned a lot of things about cooking from being with my mom in the kitchen, but after I moved out on my own, I never felt confident in what I was doing. I needed my mom to be there by my side!
I decided that with my children, I was going to start young with making my kids cook on their own- leave them 100% in control of what they are making so that they could get messy and make mistakes.
She pulled out a roll of pizza dough, ham slices, and cheese from the fridge and then grabbed a can of pineapple and a can of marinara sauce from the pantry.
All that I had to do was put the foil on the pan and pop open the roll of dough, then she went straight to work.
For me, there are so many memories and happy traditions centered around food.
The kitchen has always been a happy place to me and that is something that I want to pass onto my children.
I also want them to feel free enough to try new things and experiment with food- my daughter didn’t know how much she loved cauliflower until we were making a vegetable dip and that was the only vegetable available for her to try it.
I have also found that when my kids help me prep dinner, they are WAY more likely to eat it.
After sampling a couple of things and adding a little bit of seasoning, I helped her roll up her pizza dough and then we cut it into 1″ rolls.
She arranged them on the baking tray and carefully placed them in the oven (with lots of supervision from mom!!!).
They came out of the oven and she was so excited to try them . . . she loved it!
This recipe is part of our 55 of the Best Appetizers for Christmas Potluck (Favorite Party Foods)
Ham and Pineapple Pizza Roll-Ups Recipe
- 13.8 ounces refrigerated pizza dough 1 can
- 2 cups marinara sauce divided
- 1 cup cubed cooked ham
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits 1 can. drained
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Italian seasoning, to taste
- garlic salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
- Line a 15 x 10 x 1 inch baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Spread pizza dough out on the baking sheet and spread 1 cup marinara sauce over the dough.
- Top with ham, pineapple, cheddar cheese, mozzarella cheese, and seasonings.
- Roll up the dough into a tube-shape and using a sharp knife, cut into 1" slices.
- Spread rolls out on the baking sheet covered with aluminum foil and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until the roll is golden and the dough is fully cooked.
- Serve with 1 cup marinara sauce for dipping.
- cooking spray
- 15x10x2 Sheet Pan
- Aluminum Foil
Questions & Reviews