If you are looking for the perfect Christmas cookie recipe, these Peppermint Snowball Cookies are exactly what you need.
Looking for more peppermint recipes?
Ingredients Needed For Peppermint Snowball Cookies:
- Unsalted butter, softened
- Powdered sugar
- Vanilla extract
- All-purpose flour
- Chopped pecans
- White candy coating (or almond bark)
How To Make Peppermint Snowball Cookies:
To begin making these peppermint cookies, grab a large bowl and cream together the butter and powdered sugar with a hand mixer.
Mix it all together until the dough is light and fluffy. This will take about 5 minutes or so.
Then, add in the vanilla extract and mix it into the dough.
Now, slowly add in the flour to the dough as well.
Once that is all done, fold in the chopped pecans.
Then, cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place it in the fridge to chill for 2-3 hour or until the dough is firm though to shape.
After the dough is done chilling, preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
Now, shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place the balls on an ungreased cookie sheet.
Once you are done rolling the dough, place the cookie sheet in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
When the timer is done, remove the cookies and immediately place them on a cooling rack to let the cookies cool completely.
Melt the white chocolate in 30 second intervals until it is completely smooth, and dip the cooled cookies in the white chocolate.
Then, just sprinkle them with the crushed peppermint candies and let the white chocolate set up.
After that, the cookies are done and ready to be enjoyed!
Everything you’ll need for these frosted Christmas cookies:
- Large bowl
- Hand mixer
- Wooden spoon
- Plastic wrap (THIS is some of my favorite)
- Cookie sheet
Have You Ever Made Vanilla Extract?
Vanilla extract is one of those things you can always get at the grocery store, but there is something to be said about homemade vanilla extract.
It has such a rich flavor, plus it is super easy to make.
Take a look at The Pioneer Woman’s homemade vanilla extract recipe and see just how simple it is.
You can even make it into a fun and unique holiday gifts for your friends and family!
More of our favorite peppermint desserts:
- Easy Christmas Peppermint Toffee
- Peppermint Crunch Ice Cream Pie
- Oreo Peppermint Truffles
- Peppermint Brownie Bark Recipe
- Chocolate Peppermint Crunch Fudge Recipe
Peppermint Snowball Cookies Recipe
- 2 cups butter softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 8 ounces white candy coating (or almond bark) (melted)
- ½ cup crushed candy cane pieces
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and powdered sugar using an electric mixer until mixture is light and fluffy (will take about 5 minutes).
- Beat in vanilla and then slowly beat in flour.
- Fold in pecans.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and chill in fridge until dough is firm enough to shape (takes 2-3 hours).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Shape dough into 1" balls. Place balls on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 13-15 minutes.
- Remove cookies from hot pans and let cool completely.
- Dip tops of cooled cookies in melted white chocolate and sprinkle with crushed peppermint candies.
- Short on time? If you don’t have time to let the dough chill for 2 hours, shape dough into balls and place on a pan, then stick the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes. Cook them as directed and they should turn out great!
- You can purchase pre-crushed candy canes, but some of the pieces may still be too big for these cookies, so you might need to crush them a little more before using on top of cookies.
- Large Bowl
- Hand mixer
- Wooden Spoon
- Plastic Wrap
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.