These cookies are the best of 2 worlds. They are for the double stuff OREO cookie lover and the moist and chewy Chocolate Chip cookie lover.
It’s really like eating 3 cookies. The OREO is surrounded with 2 balls of chocolate chip cookie dough. Our family devoured these delicious gems of goodness in no time at all.
Perfect for your last minute party treats or dessert for dinner. They are so easy to make and full of amazing flavor.
If you are a chocolate chip cookie lover, or an Oreo lover, these cookies have your name written all over them. You will love them.
do these cookies freeze well?
These cookies freeze extremely well. For freezing, here is what we recommend:
- Place the cookies in an airtight container or ziplock storage bag with all the air sucked out, once the cookies are completely cool.
- Place on a flat surface in the freezer.
- They stay nicely in the freezer for about a month.
- Remove from freezer and place on counter to thaw, when ready to eat.
- Once thawed, you can give it a little microwave, and enjoy the cookie warm, like it was fresh out of the oven.
*We don’t recommend freezing them for more than a month, or they could lose their sweet texture and flavor. They are best when served immediately and the same day as prepared.
what other cookie could i put in the middle of these?
I love the Oreo cookie in the middle of these. It kind of softens the Oreo, but still has the perfect amount of creamy crunch to it.
If you are looking to switch it up, and us a different cookie in the middle, here are a few that might be delicious (we have only may these with Oreo cookies):
- Vanilla Oreos
- Chocolate Oreos
- Peanut Butter Oreos
- Nutter Butters (you may need to chop it in half)
- Thin Mints
- Wafer Cookies
- Samoa or Caramel Coconut Dream Cookies
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel?
We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
looking for more cookie recipes? here are a few of our favorites:
- Oatmeal Scotchies Cookies
- The Best Banana Cream Pudding Cookies
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Brownie Mix Cookies
- Sprinkle Sugar Cookies
Oreo Filled Chocolate Chip Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter (softened to room temperature)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ Tablespoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
- 24 double stuff Oreo cookies
- Mix the softened butter, brown sugar and sugar until combined well. Then beat in the eggs and vanilla.
- Add in the salt, baking soda, and flour and mix until combined. Then fold in the chocolate chips.
- Chill dough for about 30 minutes.
- Roll into 1 inch balls. Slightly flatten the dough ball and place the oreo on top of it. Then flatten another dough ball and place on top of the oreo. Mold the cookie dough around all sides of the cookie sealing the edges closed.
- Place on a cookie sheet covered with a silpat baking sheet or parchment paper.
- Bake cookies at 350 degrees F for about 13 minutes or until golden brown.