Anyone feel like they have the same frozen package of veggies for the side dish of every meal?
These zoodles will help you out of your side dish RUT!
I’ve tried spiralizing my own Zucchini noodles before, but sometimes I do appreciate a good preparation shortcut!
I found these Veggie Spirals in the freezer section and decided to give them a go – they were just as good as the fresh version (and there was a lot less preparation + mess involved.
When it comes to side dishes, I like to keep things as SIMPLE as possible.
Only 6 ingredients
This recipe calls for just 6 ingredients (most of which you probably have):
- Zucchini (spiralized)
- Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
Is zucchini good for you?
We all know veggies are good for you, but we love zucchini for a few reasons – it’s totally versatile (you can use it from baking to sautéing to raw) AND it’s nutrient dense but low calorie.
Just one cup of zucchini is loaded with B-vitamins, folate, choline, as well as zinc and magnesium – all of which are good for regulating your blood sugar levels in a healthy way.
Plus, one cup of spiralized zucchini only has 33 calories, compared to one cup of pasta which has about 240 calories.
How to make lemon zoodles:
These zucchini noodles come together in just a matter of minutes, but make a great addition to any meal.
Step 1: In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add in minced garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
If you’re looking for a shortcut, minced garlic from a can works in a pinch (but we like the flavor of fresh better).
Step 2: Add in zucchini noodles, then cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Note: If you’re using fresh zucchini noodles, it will only take about 2-3 minutes for them to cook, not 10.
Step 3: Remove from heat, drain excess liquid if necessary, and stir in parmesan cheese, 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest (from the lemon), lemon juice (from the same lemon) and basil.
Step 4: Serve warm.
Other zucchini recipes you’ll love
- Stir-fried Zucchini (another quick side dish recipe)
- Baked Zucchini Bites
- Italian Stuffed Zucchini
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole (one of our all-time most-popular recipes)
- Zucchini Parmesan Bake
Lemon Zoodles Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 12 ounces frozen zucchini noodles (or fresh)
- 2 Tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 lemon for juice and zest
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil chopped
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Add in minced garlic and stir until fragrant (about 1 minute).
- Add in zucchini noodles, then cover and cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. (If you’re using fresh zucchini noodles, it will only take about 2-3 minutes for them to cook, not 10).
- Remove from heat, drain excess liquid if necessary, and stir in parmesan cheese, 1/2 Tablespoon lemon zest (from the lemon), lemon juice (from the same lemon) and basil.
- Serve warm.
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!