I’ve been trying to sneak more vegetables into my family’s diet and thought stuffed zucchini would be the perfect way to do it! This recipe is easy to make and was a great way to use up our extra zucchini!
Italian Stuffed Zucchini Recipe
- 3 medium zucchini
- 1 pound Italian sausage
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 24 ounces spaghetti sauce 1 jar
- ½ cup shredded Mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Trim stems from zucchini and cut in half lengthwise. Scoop out seeds and put in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix together seeds, sausage, bread crumbs, garlic and Parmesan cheese.
- Stuff zucchini with sausage mixture and place in a 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Pour spaghetti sauce over stuffed zucchini and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and cook for an hour, or until sausage is completely cooked through.
Calories: 447 kcal · Carbohydrates: 24 g · Protein: 22 g · Fat: 30 g · Saturated Fat: 12 g · Cholesterol: 72 mg · Sodium: 1608 mg · Potassium: 888 mg · Fiber: 4 g · Sugar: 9 g · Vitamin A: 861 IU · Vitamin C: 28 mg · Calcium: 221 mg · Iron: 4 mg
- Large Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil
Looking for more delicious Italian dishes?
Here are a few of our favorite:
Italian Tortellini Salad
Sun Dried Tomato Pasta Salad
One Pan Italian Pasta
Sausage and Cheese Stuffed Shells
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.
Questions & Reviews