Taco Bell is a guilty pleasure in our house, but when I made this homemade ground beef crunchwrap supreme recipe, it had me saying “Taco Bell who?” Yeah it is that good! It is the best Taco Bell copycat recipe!
We all have our favorite menu items, mine is the Crunchwrap supremes. I’ve always wondered how to make Taco Bell’s Crunchwrap supreme, and now we have done it!
I would even dare to say this Taco Bell Crunchwrap recipe is even better than the original! (Yes I did just say that.) Try this delicious recipe for yourself and you’ll see what I’m talking about. You might find yourself in the drive thru a little less even. 😉
This is not our only copycat recipe that you’ll love either! Give our Chili’s copycat cajun chicken pasta recipe, copycat Chili’s molten lava cake recipe, and Instant Pot Panera copycat white cheesy shells recipe a try and let us know what you think. They are some of our favorites!
Taco Bell Crunchwrap Supreme Ingredients You’ll to Make Our Homemade Ground Beef Crunchwrap Supreme Copycat Recipe:
- Lean ground beef
- Taco seasoning
- Diced onion
- Flour tortilla (burrito sized)
- Cheese queso dip (any kind of nacho cheese sauce, we used Tostitos salsa con Queso)
- Tostada shells
- Sour cream
- Shredded lettuce
- Diced tomatoes
- Shredded Mexican cheese blend
How To Make Our Homemade Ground Beef Crunchwrap Supreme:
Begin by placing your large skillet on the oven over medium heat.
Then add inthe ground beef, taco seasoning, and diced onion and begin to brown the meat until it is no longer pink and the onions are translucent. This should take about 5-7 minutes or so.
When the meat is done, drain the grease from the pan and then set the meat aside.
Now take 4 of the large tortillas and place a tostada shell on top to use it like a stencil.
Place the tostada in the center or the tortilla shell and cut out 4 smaller flour tortilla circles that are the size of the tostada.
After they are cut, place the cut tortilla shells in the microwave for 10-20 seconds to make them soft and pliable.
Now to build the crunchwrap, place a scoop of the cooked ground beef in the center of the remaining large (uncut) tortilla shells.
Be sure to leave room on the side becuase they will need to fold over to make the sides.
Then top the ground beef with cheese sauce and place the crunchy tostada shell on top.
Next you need to spread the sour cream on the shell and then add your favorite toppings. We used lettuce, diced tomatoes, and shredded cheese for ours.
After you have added all of your toppings, place the small tortilla you cut on top of the stack.
Now you need to start at the top of the larger tortilla on the bottom and fold it up to the center of the top smaller tortilla.
Try to make the folds tight, but not too tight that it rips the tortilla.
Continue to work your way around the whole tortilla until all of the edges have been folded up, they will look like pleats just like the original crunchwrap.
When the whole tortilla is folded, quickly and carefully flip it over and set it down so that it will hold the pleats.
Now, wipe the skillet clean that you used for the meat and then heat the skillet up over medium heat.
Once the skillet is warm, spray it with nonstick cooking spray and then place the crunchwrap with the pleat side down in the pan.
Let it cook for 2-3 minutes or until the outside of the tortilla is golden, then flip it over and let it cook for another 2-3 minutes.
Continue to cook each crunchwrap this way, reapplying the nonstick cooking spray inbetween each crunchwrap.
When they are ready, serve the crunchwrap supreme with your favorite sides or dipping sauces and enjoy!
To Make This Taco Bell Copycat Recipe You Will Need:
- Large skillet (THIS one would work well!)
- Kitchen scissors or sharp knife
- Nonstick cooking spray
Make Your Own Queso Dip
For this recipe you will be using queso dip, aka one of the best ingredients in the crunchwrap. 😉 You can buy this from the store ready to use for this recipe, or you can make it yourself!
RecipeTin Eats has a life changing queso dip recipe you can use in place of the store bought queso and save the rest to dip your crunchwrap in or the tortillas you can serve with it! Who wouldn’t love a little extra queso?
Want More Easy Dinner Ideas?
Join our email list today and we will send you a FREE ebook of our favorite dinner recipes – plus we will send you recipes each week to help make your dinner planning easier!
Join today by CLICKING HERE.
Have you checked out our YouTube channel? We show you how to make our favorite recipes right in our own kitchens!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Copycat’s Aren’t Always Bad, In Fact These Copycat Recipes Are Amazing! 😉
- Instant Pot Copycat Panera Broccoli Cheddar Soup Recipe
- Wendy’s Copycat Chili Recipe
- Winger’s Sticky Fingers Copycat Recipe
- Chili’s Copycat Skillet Queso Recipe
- Starbucks Copycat Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
Homemade Ground Beef Crunchwrap Supreme (Taco Bell Copycat Recipe)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 package taco seasoning (1 ounce)
- 1 onion diced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 large flour tortillas ( I used burrito sized )
- ½ cup cheese queso dip (or any kind of nacho cheese sauce; I used Tostitos salsa con Queso)
- 4 tostada shells
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 cups shredded Mexican cheese blend
- non stick cooking spray
- Place a large skillet on a stove top over medium heat.
- Add ground beef, taco seasoning, and diced onion. Brown meat until not longer pink (about 5-7 minutes) and onions are translucent.
- Drain grease from pan and set aside.
- Take 4 of the large tortillas and using a tostada shell as a stencil, place the tostada shell in the center of one of the large tortillas. Using a small sharp knife to trace around the edges of the shell, cut out 4 smaller flour tortilla circles that are the same size as the tostada.
- To make sure that your 4 uncut tortillas are pliable, quickly toss them in the microwave for 10-20 seconds.
- To build the Crunchwraps, place a scoop of the cooked ground beef in the center of the remaining 4 large tortillas (making sure to leave lots of edges so that you can fold in the sides).
- Top ground beef with cheese sauce and then place a crunchy tostada shell on top. Spread sour cream on the shell, then top with your favorite toppings (we used lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese).
- Place the smaller flour tortilla that you cut out on top and then starting at the top, fold over the edge towards the center. Work your way around the tortilla, folding in the edge towards the center as you go, making "pleats" in the tortilla. Make sure you do this pretty tightly, but be careful to not break the tortilla.
- Quickly flip the Crunchwrap upside down and set it down so that the pleats are on the bottom of the Crunchwrap holds it shape.
- Using the same skillet that you cooked the meat in, wipe it clean and then place it back on the stove over medium heat. Once it warms up, spray the skillet with non-stick cooking spray. Place the Crunchwrap "pleat-side" down and cook for 2-3 minutes or until the outside of the tortilla starts to turn golden, then flip it over and cook for 2-3 more minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining Crunchwraps, spraying with non-stick cooking spray in-between.
- For this recipe you will be using queso dip, aka one of the best ingredients in the crunchwrap. 😉 You can buy this from the store ready to use for this recipe, or you can make it yourself!
- Large Skillet
- Kitchen Scissors or Sharp Knife
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
Be sure to not miss another recipe! Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram|Facebook|Pinterest|YouTube
If you made our recipe be sure to tag us on Instagram so we can see your hard work using #sixsistersstuff.
Questions & Reviews