We love these bacon wrapped water chestnuts. A recipe can’t get any easier than this and they taste amazing. They are the perfect appetizer for New Years Eve or football game snacks! Just warning you….don’t plan on any leftovers. These will go fast!
BBQ Bacon Water Chestnuts Recipe
- 16 ounces water chestnuts drained
- 1 pound bacon sliced
- 2 cups ketchup
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the bacon slices in half.
- Wrap a half slice of bacon around each water chestnut and arrange them in a 9x13-inch pan seam side down.
- Place in the oven uncovered and cook for 30 minutes.
- Mix ketchup and brown sugar together.
- Spoon mixture over each water chestnut.
- Cook for an additional 30 minutes uncovered.
- Remove from oven and insert a toothpick into each water chestnut for serving.