We love the idea of quick desserts that taste like they’ve been in the works all day.
This Greek Yogurt Cake is so simple and moist. Top this with the delicious homemade frosting and you’ve got yourself a dessert that is sure to please even the toughest critic.
It comes together in a matter of minutes, and is more healthy than most other cakes.
It has the best flavor and texture, and is the perfect cake for spring or summer (or any time of year really).
You could serve it for breakfast or serve it as dessert. Either way, I don’t think anyone will be complaining when you serve it. It is so delicious.
could i use milk for the glaze instead?
This glaze recipe is to die for. It is so thick and creamy, it could almost be a frosting.
The recipe calls for heavy whipping cream, to make it a more thick consistency. We prefer to use the heavy whipping creamy for the thicker flavor, and the moistness, it gives the cake.
However, milk would work just as well. The glaze will be a little more thin, but it would still taste delicious and work great.
does this cake freeze well?
This cake is best when eaten the same day, or within a day or two of making.
However, if you do have leftovers that you want to save, you could definitely freeze it.
We recommend placing it in an airtight container, and freezing it for up to a month. After that, the cake (and especially the glaze) will start to be effected and thaw a little funny.
watch how to make another one of our favorite strawberry recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
Watch how to make our Strawberry Fruit Pizza Recipe, here:
looking for more strawberry inspired recipes? Here are a few of our favorite:
Strawberry Greek Yogurt Cake Recipe
- 1 cup sugar
- 1½ cups flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup strawberry greek yogurt any brand
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup strawberries chopped
- 1 cup fresh strawberries chopped
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease an 8 inch round cake pan
- In a bowl, whisk together sugar, flour, and baking soda.
- In a separate bowl, mix together lemon juice, eggs, yogurt, and vegetable oil.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients in one bowl. Fold in one cup of chopped strawberries.
- Pour mixture into cake pan and bake for 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick comes out clean in the center and edges golden.
- In a blender, combine strawberries and heavy whipping cream and blend for 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and slowly add powdered sugar, beating with a hand mixer until desired consistency is reached.
- Pour glaze over cooled cake and serve.
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!