could i make this using caramel instead of sweetened condensed milk?
One year for my birthday I literally asked for a can of sweetened condensed milk. You could say I have a small love for it.
It’s just so simple and absolutely delicious.
We poured sweetened condensed milk into the holes of this cake, however, you could easily do the same, using caramel sauce.
I prefer the sweetened condensed milk, it is a very similar taste to caramel, just a little more subtle, but you could definitely use sweetened condensed milk if you prefer.
would chocolate cake work with this recipe?
I like this recipe with the white or yellow cake mix, however, it would also be delicious with a chocolate. It may be a little rich, but it would still be absolutely scrumptious.
watch how to make another delicious cake recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chili’s Molten Lava Cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more cake recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
calories 546 carbohydrates 82 protein 8 fat 23 saturated_fat 13 trans_fat 1 cholesterol 55 sodium 514 potassium 345 fiber 2 sugar 44 vitamin_a 207 vitamin_c 1 calcium 197 iron 2
Source: Plain Chicken
Butterfinger Caramel Cake Recipe
- 4 butterfinger candy bars crushed and divided
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (12oz) jar caramel ice cream topping
- 1 (8oz) tub cool whip topping
- Place candy bars in freezer. Make cake according to directions on the package.
- While cake is baking, mix milk and caramel topping until well blended. When the cake is done and while it's still hot, poke holes all over in it with a fork. The more holes you poke, the more caramel sauce will seep through the cake. Pour caramel/milk mixture over the cake. Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Pull candy bars out of freezer and smash with a hammer while they are still in their packages. Sprinkle two candy bars (half of them) over cake. Spread Cool Whip over the candy bars. Then sprinkle the remaining candy bars on top. Chill for at least an hour before serving. Place leftovers in the fridge (if you have any).
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram | Facebook | Pinterest | YouTube
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews
I must stop following this blog .... I'm putting on weight!