I was waiting in line at Hobby Lobby when I saw a cookbook for Pie Pops. I ended up staying at Hobby Lobby for an extra 45 minutes just reading through and looking at all the delicious recipes.
I stumbled across one that included frosting and just knew I had to try it. These didn’t even have time to cool before they were all gone, definitely going to be making them again soon.
They were so easy to make and full of delicious flavor. It’s like I was eating pie, but better and more cute.
These are great for presentation, or just a fun dessert to try, that your family is sure to love.
what other filling could we put in these pops?
The thing I love about this recipe, is how versatile it is. You can add any of your favorite jam or pie fillings for this recipe.
We usually do jam or a preserve, because it’s a little thinner, and spreads on a little better.
However, you could mix it up a bit, and add a pie filling, as desired. Here are a few ideas:
- Strawberry jam or preserves
- Grape jelly or preserves
- Peach preserves
- Apple pie filling
- Cherry pie filling, preserves or jam.
- Apricot jam or preserves
- Blackberry jam or preserves
Really you could add any of your favorite jams, preserves, or pie filling. Again, a thin mixture without any chunks or pieces would probably be easier to fill them with, but either would work.
watch how to make another delicious pie recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
This Disney Copycat Caramel Apple Pie is so easy to make and full of caramel flavor. You won’t believe what is in the crust. Watch how to make it, here:
looking for more pie recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Cherry Pie Bars
Chocolate Chess Pie
Chocolate Pecan Pie
Bite Size Cherry Pies
Turtle Pumpkin Pie
Frosted Pie Pops Recipe
- 1 box refrigerated pie crust 2 crusts
- 12 teaspoons raspberry jam or preserves
- 12 wooden skewers / lollipop sticks
- 1 cup frosting
- food coloring
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line cookie sheet with cooking parchment paper.
- Onto sheet of cooking parchment paper, unroll 1 pie crust. Using pizza cutter, cut crust to make 1 large square. Cut square into six smaller squares. Repeat with both pie crusts (recipe makes about 12 pie pops).
- To make each pie pop, place 1 teaspoon jam on half of the pie crust squares. Place 1 lollipop stick or wooden skewer halfway onto rectangle. Place second pie-crust rectangle over jam. Use a fork to seal the edges of the two pie crusts together. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- You can use store bought, or homemade frosting. In small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting on High about 20 seconds or just until frosting is melted and can be stirred smooth. Add food coloring to frosting after microwaving it. Transfer pie pops from cookie sheet to cooling rack and spread melted frosting over hot pie pops. Add sprinkles and let them cool completely, about 20 minutes, before serving.
- Cookie Sheet
- parchment paper
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Recipe Adapted From: Key Ingredient
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!