There’s nothing like a quick, easy soup on a cold winter day. This corn and bacon chowder is just hearty enough that you can’t tell it’s broth-based and not cream-based! It pairs perfectly with our homemade rolls or bread bowls to warm you up from the inside out.
Corn and Bacon Chowder Recipe
- 8 slices bacon diced into 1/2" thick pieces
- ½ cup onion diced (we prefer ours diced really small)
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups potatoes diced and peeled
- 2 14.5 ounce cans sweet creamed corn
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large soup pot over medium-high heat, cook diced bacon until it starts to get slightly crispy. Remove from heat and drain grease.
- Return to heat and add onion. Cook until the onion starts to become tender.
- Add broth, potatoes, and creamed corn then bring chowder to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and let it simmer for 12-15 minutes (or just until potatoes are tender).
- Add salt and pepper to taste, serve warm.