Every Easter my mom would make some kind of Easter cupcake that would make us so excited for the holiday to come.
We would die Easter eggs, have an Easter egg hunt, get the same things in our basket every year, and frost our cupcakes. Every year it was so fun to see what creative thing we would do with our cupcakes.
These butterfly cupcakes are so fun to make and everyone will love them. They are a new tradition for my family. I think my girls love it, just as much as I did (and do, I still love it.).
They are extremely simple, and even the littlest hands will be able to help make these fun and cute cupcakes.
What other cake mix could I use?
The thing I love about this recipe, is how versatile it is. We opted for yellow cake mix, but it would also be cute to do a chocolate for dirt, or even a fun spring color like pink, green or yellow.
You can either add food coloring, or choose a cake mix flavor that will show up that color. I will say, I am a sucker for some delicious key lime cupcakes.
You can also switch up your frosting flavor or color, depending on your preference.
For this recipe you could dip the pretzels (or the butterfly wings) in the melted frosting mixture, but you could also dip them in white chocolate. Either one will work.
I have found that the frosting mixture will dry a little quicker, making it easier to use them right away, however, this is totally optional.
White chocolate or the melted frosting will both work. You could also always refrigerate them to make them harden quicker, after dipping or sprinkling them in the sugar sprinkles. It’s also fun to switch up the color of the wings, and taking your kids to the store with you to pick out colors they prefer.
Watch how to make another spring cupcake favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Mini Carrot Cup Cakes are the perfect spring dessert. They are light, fluffy, and full of sweet flavor. I promise you can’t even taste the carrot. Watch how simple they are to make, here:
Looking for more Easter desserts? Here are a few of our Favorites:
- Cadbury Mini Egg Blondies
- Key Lime Bars
- The Best Carrot Cake
- Butterscotch Bird Nest Treats
- Cookie Dough Easter Eggs
Cute Fluttering Cupcakes Recipe
- 15.25 ounces yellow cake mix
- 3 cups vanilla frosting prepared
- 48 pretzel twists
- ¼ cup sugar sprinkles pink
- 1 ½ cups M & M chocolate candies
- ¼ cup peanut M & M chocolate candies
- 3 licorice laces
- 4 drops green food coloring
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line the cupcake pans with the paper cupcake liners.
- Prepare the cake mix according to the package instructions. Pour the cake mix into the lined cupcake pans, and bake for approximately 18-21 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack, and let cool completely.
- While the cupcakes are baking, prepare the butterfly wings. Line the two sheet pans with wax paper. Transfer 1 cup of vanilla frosting to a microwave-safe bowl; heat in the microwave for 10-15 seconds, stirring occasionally, until the texture of slightly whipped cream. Dip the pretzels in the warmed vanilla frosting until they're almost covered. Dab off any excess frosting, and then sprinkle with the decorating sugar before the icing sets. Transfer to the lined sheet pans; set aside and let cool completely.
- Add green food coloring into 1 can of vanilla frosting; spread it on top of the cooled cupcake
- Refrigerate until the frosting is set.
- Cover the top with green M&M'S® Brand Milk Chocolate Candies Bunny Mix on the outside edge of each cupcake.
- Place one of your M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies for the head.
- Arrange a line of same-color M&M'S® Brand Peanut Chocolate Candies for the body.
- Press the small tips of the pretzels on top of the cupcakes for wings.
- Cut the licorice laces and place them as antennae
- Mixing Bowl
- Cupcake Baking Tin
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Questions & Reviews