would any chocolate cake mix work for this recipe?
For this recipe, we recommend using Devils Food Cake Mix. However, really any chocolate cake mix would work just as well.
I prefer the Devils Food Cake Mix, but once you get the ice cream and Oreo’s on there, you won’t even be able to tell what cake mix you have used.
could i microwave my ice cream to thaw it?
For this recipe, we recommend thawing the ice cream, by setting it out on the counter for a few minutes. We have found that usually 20 minutes is the perfect amount of time.
We don’t, however, recommend microwaving your ice cream. It can mess with the texture, as well as the flavor. It also doesn’t thaw it evenly. The edges thaw way before the center, so the texture is a little off. It will be liquid in some areas, and still completely frozen in others.
We highly recommend just letting the ice cream set out on the counter for a few minutes, not microwaving it.
watch how to make another cake favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chili’s Molten Lava Cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
looking for more cake recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
Easy Cookies n' Cream Ice Cream Cake Recipe
- 1 box Devil's Food Cake Mix
- ½ gallon cookies n' cream ice cream
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips 1 package
- Prepare cake mix as directed on box in a 9x13 pan.
- Let cool completely.
- After cake has cooled, take ice cream out of freezer and let thaw for 20 minutes.
- Spread softened ice cream in a thick layer on top of cake using a spatula.
- Crush up Oreo cookies and sprinkle over your layer of ice cream.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt chocolate chips and drizzle melted chocolate over the top of your cake.
- Cover with foil and put cake in the freezer for at least an hour or until your ice cream layer has set back up.
- Let thaw for 10 minutes before serving.
- For this recipe, we recommend using Devils Food Cake Mix. However, really any chocolate cake mix would work just as well.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
- Aluminum Foil
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!