Turn it into a main dish:
This recipe was designed to be a side dish. However, add some protein to this bad boy, and you can make it into a main dish.
I like to add shredded chicken, grilled chicken, or chicken sausage to this dish, and it is way more filling, and tastes so yummy.
You could also add steak, or any meat you feel would pair nicely with it.
It’s the perfect summer meal to make, because baking and heating are minimal, and it can be made ahead of time, without any problems.
For this recipe, I like to split the ranch in half, and use plain Greek yogurt, and ranch. This adds a little more protein and creaminess to the salad.
Again, this is totally optional and you could easily make this with just ranch, but I like to do half and half.
The ranch flavor won’t be as strong, but it is a healthier alternative.
Watch how to make another pot luck favorite, here:
Did you know that you can make potato and egg salad in the INSTANT POT?
1. Cut your potatoes into bite sized pieces and put it in the bottom of your Instant pot. Place your eggs right on top of your potatoes.
2. Close the lid and put on Sealing. Push the manual button (or high pressure) and cook for 6 minutes.
3. Move the knob over to venting (or quick release)
4. Add the remainder of the ingredients just like in the recipe below!
You can cook the eggs and potatoes at the same time. Watch how to do it here:
Looking for more healthy salads? Try a few of our favorites:
- Chicken Fajita Salad
- Red Potato Salad
- Cucumber Dill Salad
- Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad
- Steak Cobb Salad
Creamy Ranch Pasta Salad Recipe
- 8 ounces pasta shell
- 1 head broccoli chopped
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 3 ounces mini pepperonis
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese cut into cubes
- 3 carrots chopped
- 1 ounce dry Ranch seasoning mix
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup milk
- Cook pasta shells according to directions on the box, being sure not to overcook because you don't want your pasta to be too soft. Rinse pasta in cold water and drain. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine broccoli, peas, pepperonis, cheese, and carrots. Fold in cooled pasta.
- Make dressing by mixing together the ranch packet, mayonnaise, and milk. Let thicken for about 30 minutes. Pour prepared ranch dressing over the pasta and stir until evenly coated.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Mixing Bowl
- Large Saucepan
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
WE ARE SO EXCITED TO SHARE THESE RECIPES WITH YOU. ORDER YOUR COPY TODAY!
SIX SISTERS’ STUFF COPYCAT COOKING <—– CLICK HERE TO ORDER!