Holiday food is my favorite food, and most of said food contains lots and lots of sugar. That’s why it’s my favorite.
But every once in a while, it’s nice to have a clean, healthy meal that you won’t feel guilty about feeding your family.
This Cranberry Chicken Bake is exactly that. It is so delicious and takes minutes to throw together and put in the oven. Enjoy, and happy holidays.
how to make cranberry chicken bake
Step 1: Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Step 2: In a small bowl combine garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and all season salt.
Step 3: Rub the mixture into each chicken breast on both sides. I used my hand to do this, so I could really press the seasonings into the chicken breast.
You could also use chicken tenders if that is what you have on hand. I have never tried it with wings but I’m sure it would also work, just as well.
Step 4: Heat a skillet to medium heat and add olive oil. You could also use an avocado oil. Vegetable oil would also work, but were prefer using an olive oil.
Step 5: Place the chicken breasts into the pan, browning them on both sides, but not cooking them all the way through.
Step 6: Place them in a sprayed 9×13 pan. I again used an olive oil, non-stick cooking spray.
Step 7: Place sprigs of rosemary between the breasts and lemon slices on top or in between breasts. I found these in my produce section.
Step 8: Pour the chicken broth into the 9×13 pan.
Step 9: In a separate bowl, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, minced garlic and vinegar, stirring until well mixed.
Step 10: Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
Step 11: Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the juices run clear.
no fresh cranberries?
You don’t have to wait for fall to make this delicious dish. I prefer it during the colder seasons, but I also made it this summer with cranberry sauce and loved it.
I made the dish the exact same except spread a little bit of the cranberry sauce across each chicken breast.
You can also add the cranberry sauce, right into the sauce mixture and let it bake in the cranberry sauce.
You could also use craisins, but we prefer fresh cranberries or cranberry sauce so the chicken can take in the flavor a little better.
looking for more comfort food dishes?
CRANBERRY CHICKEN BAKE RECIPE
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup cranberries fresh or frozen
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ⅓ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary
- ½ cup chicken broth
- 1 lemon
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl combine garlic salt, paprika, pepper, and all season salt.
- Rub the mixture into each chicken breast on both sides.
- Heat a skillet to medium heat and add olive oil.
- Place the chicken breasts into the pan, browning them on both sides, but not cooking them all the way through.
- Place them in a sprayed 9x13 pan.
- Place sprigs of rosemary between the breasts and lemon slices on top or in between breasts.
- Pour the chicken broth into the 9x13 pan.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cranberries, brown sugar, minced garlic and vinegar stirring until well mixed.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken breasts.
- Place in oven and cook for 45 minutes or until the juices run clear.
- 9x13" Baking Dish
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!