We all know one of the best things about visiting Disney is the FOOD! These Lumpia are at the top of my list as of late. A sweet spin on the traditional lumpia, this cream cheese and pineapple filled spring roll is baked (not fried) and dusted with sugar.
It’s a dessert lover’s dream come true.
When we went to Disney World this past December, we tried the new Pongu Lumpia in The World of Avatar and fell in love. Then the Tropical Hideaway in Disneyland opened up with their “Sweet Lumpia” version on the menu and they quickly became one of my favorite desserts in the park.
I knew I could make them at home and with another little one on the way, I know are trips to Disney will be a lot fewer these next few months.
I tried my hand at a baked version and they did NOT disappoint! The only thing that was missing was the Disney atmosphere.
pineapple lumpia ingredients
It only takes a few ingredients to make these delicious pineapple lumpia. Pineapple slices, egg roll wrappers, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
I used some canned pineapple for this recipe, but I think it would taste even better with fresh pineapple.
How to make pineapple lumpia
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a small bowl, mix together cream cheese, crushed pineapple, powdered sugar, and vanilla.
- Place a large spoonful of mixture in the middle of an egg roll wrapper. Using your finger, dip it in water, and brush the edge of the egg roll wrapper.
- Roll the egg roll starting from the corner, then tucking in the sides, and continue rolling to the end of the wrapper. Repeat with the remaining egg roll wrappers.
- Place the melted butter in a shallow bowl and the sugar in a separate shallow bowl. Roll each lumpia in the butter, and then in the sugar. Place each egg roll on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
More Copycat Recipes
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Store in the fridge for up to 3 days. Reheat before eating.
Plan your trip
Visiting Disneyland Soon? Check out this post for all of our best tips and tricks.
More Disney Copycat Recipes
- Disneyland’s Peanut Butter Cookies
- Disneyland’s Clam Chowder Recipe
- Brioche French Toast
- Loaded Potato Soup
- Matterhorn Macaroons
Did you know we have a YouTube Channel?
See how to make our most popular Disney Copycat below – Dole Whips!