I just love the sweet smell of baking cookies, and I think that’s another reason why Disneyland smells so great! These Matterhorn Macaroons are so tasty, and so easy to make. They are also adorable, and perfect for any party… or just to eat a whole batch on your own… 🙂
Disneyland’s Matterhorn Macaroons Recipe
- 1 cup butter softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ½ teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 2 cups flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1½ cups white chocolate chips
- Clear sprinkles and powdered sugar for decoration
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In a large bowl combine and mix, with a hand mixer, your butter and sugar until fully combined.
- Then add your vanilla, almond extract, coconut extract, salt, coconut and flour.
- Mix until well combined.
- Shape the dough into tall towers that have a rounded point at the end. (I had to shape mine into pretty tall towers because they shrink down a little when you bake them).
- Place on a cookie sheet and bake for 12-15 minutes or until the cookie begins to turn slightly golden.
- Take out of oven and let cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate chips (30 second increments in a microwave stirring in between).
- Dip the cooled macaroons into the white chocolate, dipping only half the mountain.
- Sprinkle powdered sugar and clear sprinkles over the white chocolate before it fully hardens.
- Let the white chocolate set before eating!
- Large Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
- Microwave Safe Bowl
Looking to plan your next Disney vacation? We have found the best deals through Get Away Today. You can even set up a layaway plan so that you don?t have to pay for it all at once. Their hotel and park hopper package prices are the cheapest (and nicest!) we have ever seen!