We want to share with you a fun date night idea (or a fun idea to do with your kids or grandkids) to spice up your movie night!
This week’s theme: SNOW WHITE.
And of course this movie night wouldn’t be complete without a delicious treat! Keeping with the theme, we decided that it would be fun to make our Easy Bite Size Apple Pies.
There is just something about a warm, homemade pie in the fall that I love. If you want to with something small before jumping into full fledged pie making, then this is it! They are delicious!
Bite Size Apple Pies Recipe
You'll love these warm and delicious bite sized apple pies.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 14.1 ounces pie crust dough refrigerated
- 3 Tablespoons butter melted, divided
- 2 apples cut into wedges
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup butter softened
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar and cinnamon, set aside 1 Tbsp. On a lightly floured surface, unroll the pastry. Brush with 2 Tbsp. melted butter, sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
- Cut each sheet into 8 one inch strips, about 8 in. long. Wrap one strip around each apple wedge, placing sugared side of pastry against apple.
- Place on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Brush tops with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar mixture. Bake at 425 degrees for 13-15 minutes or until pastry is golden brown. Pull out of oven and drizzle with glaze if desired. Serve warm. Makes 16 mini pies.
- Mix all ingredients together and drizzle over warm apple pies.
Calories: 294 kcal · Carbohydrates: 44 g · Protein: 2 g · Fat: 13 g · Saturated Fat: 6 g · Trans Fat: 1 g · Cholesterol: 16 mg · Sodium: 193 mg · Potassium: 57 mg · Fiber: 1 g · Sugar: 31 g · Vitamin A: 203 IU · Vitamin C: 1 mg · Calcium: 15 mg · Iron: 1 mg
- Mixing Bowl
- Baking Sheet
First we have a fabulous invite to give your spouse (or friends or children)- it is a message that you have to use a mirror to read! One of my great diva friends Candice took a picture of the announcement in a mirror so that you can see what your spouse will see when they hold it up to the mirror, FUN HUH?!
I made this fun SEVEN DWARF QUIZ for you and your spouse to take, to find out which dwarf you are. After my husband I took the quiz, we talked about our dwarfs described us, and how we each bring different qualities to the relationship that make it good. For Example – I was Grumpy, I tend to be a bit of a pessimist, but I’m always prepared for the worst situation, and I’m great with our finances. My Husband is Doc and very intelligent. I appreciate how he always brings a ton of wisdom to our relationship without making me feel dumb.
It is important to remember and share the attributes in your spouse that you appreciate!
There are so many Snow White Movies you can choose from… like the classic Disney Snow White or any of the remakes. There are two recent remakes that came out Snow White and The Huntsman and the one we ended up choosing Mirror Mirror. You could also watch an episode of the popular TV show Once Upon a Time on ABC Sundays 8/7C.