We had this delicious chocolate coca cola cake over the weekend at our family barbecue.
It was a big hit. It’s fudgy and moist and loaded with flavor. It has marshmallows in the batter that melt into the cake. Mmmmmm. This recipe is a winner.
This recipe is very similar to Texas Sheet Cake or Mississippi Mud Cake. It is very dense and full of fudgy chocolate flavor. I also love this recipe, because I already have most all the ingredients for it, in my fridge and pantry.
It definitely feeds a crowd, so it’s the perfect dessert for BBQ’s, work or family parties, or even just to eat and indulge by yourself. We don’t judge you here, because it’s just that good, and we totally understand.
Could I make this recipe into cupcakes?
You could definitely make this recipe into cupcakes. When you bake it, keep the temperature the same, but cook it for about 10-14 minutes less, than you would the cake.
This batter is also a little more sticky so we definitely recommend using cupcake liners, instead of just spraying the pan.
Could I make this recipe using other carbonated drinks?
You could definitely make this recipe using other drinks. Some may not be as strong of a flavor, but you could use:
- Dr. Pepper
- Root Beer
- Diet Drinks
Those are the drinks we most recommend for this recipe.
Looking for another cake recipe? Watch how to make another one of our favorites, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you know your family will love them. Even the picky eaters will go crazy for these recipes.
We’ve got you covered from desserts, snacks, appetizers, main dishes, side dishes, drinks, and everything in-between.
These Mini Carrot Cup Cakes are so easy and taste absolutely amazing. Perfect for spring. Watch how to make them, here:
You might also enjoy these delicious cake recipes:
- Salted Caramel Lava Cakes
- Lemon Blueberry Breakfast Cake
- Easy Lemon Sheet Cake
- Chocolate Cream Cheese Cake
- 5 Ingredient Cake Batter Cheesecake
Chocolate Coca Cola Cake Recipe
- 1 cup Coca Cola
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup cocoa
- 1 ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs beaten
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 ½ cups miniature marshmallows
- ½ cup butter
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa
- 6 Tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan. (I used a glass pan) In a saucepan combine coca cola, oil, butter, and cocoa. Bring to a boil. In a separate bowl combine sugar, flour and salt. Pour the cola mixture over the flour mixture and stir together well.
- Then add in the eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla and beat well. Gently fold in the mini marshmallows and pour into your prepared pan. Spread evenly in pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
- In a saucepan combine the butter, cocoa and milk. Stir until butter is melted and all mixed together. Pour into a mixing bowl and beat in vanilla and powdered sugar.
- Spread over the cake while it is still warm.
- Mixing Bowl
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Be sure to not miss another recipe!
Follow Six Sisters’ Stuff on Instagram |Facebook |Pinterest | YouTube
Check out our new cookbook
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!
Questions & Reviews