The season of ice cream is upon us! We are loving this warm weather.
These Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwich Cookies, are the perfect way to beat the heat. They are easy and taste amazing. The kids can even make them by themselves.
We love using Chocolate Chip Cookies, but really, any type of cookie would work great with this recipe. It’s quick, simple, and delicious with just about any flavor of cookie.
It’s also my new favorite way to keep cool this summer. Calories don’t count in the summer, right? I’m sweating them all out in the hot summer sun anyway.
Our favorite toppings to roll our ice Cream cookie sandwiches in:
I am all about toppings when it comes to ice cream. You know those frozen yogurt places with all the topping options? Well I am that customer that clears out the toppings and has 40% frozen yogurt and 60% toppings.
Here are a few of our favorite toppings to roll our sandwiches in:
- Kit Kat Candybars
- Snickers Candybars
- Take 5 Candybars
- Oreos (with Cookies and Cream ice cream)
- Milky Way Candybars
- Butterfinger Candybars
- Andes Mints (with Mint Chocolate Chip ice cream)
- Heath Bar
- Brownie bites
- Cookie dough bites
- Chocolate chip cookie chunks
- Fresh fruit (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, etc.)
- Reese’s Pieces
- Chocolate chips (milk, peanut butter, white, dark, mini)
- Nuts (peanuts, cashews, almonds, pecans, walnuts)
what is the best way to store these?
These can get a little messy. Especially if you plan to make them, then store and freeze them until you serve them. We usually make these in a bar style.
We set out all the cookies, the ice cream, and the toppings, and let people make their ice cream cookie sandwiches as desired.
However, if you are wanting to make them ahead of time, you can prepare them, roll them, and then place them in an airtight container, and quickly put them in the freezer.
I would maybe wait to roll them, until right before serving, to allow them to soften and better stick to the ice cream.
watch how to make another frozen favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Disney Pineapple Dole Whips are what heaven taste like, I’d imagine. They are so creamy and full of pineapple flavor. Watch how simple and delicious they are to make, here:
looking for more frozen desserts? Here are a few of our favorite:
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Frozen Creamy Lime Jello
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Frozen Raspberry Pie
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Cookie Sandwich
- pre-made cookie dough (I used Pillsbury)
- ½ gallon ice cream (I used chocolate chip cookie dough)
- toppings of your choice You could use, Oreo's, sprinkles, chocolate chips, M&M's, peanuts, coconut, candy, fruity pebbles, or anything your kids would like!
- Bake cookies according to package, or you could make your own chocolate chip cookies if you prefer.
- Let cookies cool completely before putting ice cream on them, or the ice cream will melt.
- Place a scoop of ice cream on a cookie, and sandwich it with another cookie.
- Roll in your favorite topping and freeze until ready to eat!Enjoy!
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!