Happy Sunday. Sundays are baking days at my house. It’s something that we grew up doing (our cute mom was always making some yummy dessert on Sundays after church) and it’s something that I continued with my little family.
I try to get my kids involved as much as possible and this is something that we made a couple of weeks ago- full of melty chocolate chips and moist from the bananas, it was a winner.
It was the perfect combination of banana and chocolate and it was so delicious.
This is one of the best banana bread recipe I have ever tried. It’s so moist and has the perfect texture. If you have never made a successful banana bread recipe (like me) this one has come out perfectly every time.
I am telling you, this is the best way to eat bananas.
What is the best way to store this bread?
I love this recipe, and my family does as well, that we usually don’t any leftover. However, if you do have some leftover, the best way to store the bread, is by putting it in the fridge.
We recommend placing it in an air tight storage container, and putting it in the fridge.
If you aren’t going to eat it for more than a week, we recommend freezing it. Again the best way to freeze it is placing them in an airtight storage container and putting it in the freezer.
It will last nicely in the freezer for about 2 weeks, and in the fridge, about 3-5 days.
To thaw it, we recommend placing them in the fridge overnight and serving them the next day. It’s especially delicious if you give it a little cooking in the microwave and it tastes like it came right out of the oven.
Related article: love banana bread? Try our easy 4-ingredient Banana Bread Recipe.
Watch how to make another banana favorite, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
These Nutella Banana Coconut Hot Pockets make the perfect dessert, breakfast, or snack. They are full of flavor and the perfect way to put ripe bananas to use. Watch how to make them, here:
Looking for more banana recipes? here are a few of our favorite:
- Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Banana Cream Dessert Salad
- No Bake Banana Cream Pie Cake
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Chocolate Banana Blender Muffins
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Cookies
Chocolate Banana Bread Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup butter softened
- 2 large eggs slightly beaten
- 3 medium bananas mashed, just a little over a cup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk
- ½ cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9"x5" loaf pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, mix together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Set bowl aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat sugar and butter together until creamy. Add 2 eggs and mix well. Add in bananas, vanilla, and milk and stir until completely incorporated.
- Add the wet banana mixture to the dry ingredients and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips and spoon batter into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Remove bread from oven and let cool on a wire rack for at least 30 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy.
- We recommend storing this bread in an air tight storage container, and putting it in the fridge.
- 9x5 loaf pan
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Mixing Bowl
Looking to eat healthier? Sign-up to receive a healthy menu plan and shopping list in your inbox every week!
EACH HEALTHY MENU PLAN INCLUDES:
- A WEEK AT A GLANCE
- 6 MAIN DISH RECIPES
- 2 SIDE DISH RECIPES
- 1 SNACK/TREAT RECIPE
- DETAILED SHOPPING LIST
Every recipe in the menu plan is 500 calories or less per serving and includes nutrition information to help you stay on track!
Learn more, view sample menu plans and join HERE!