Bacon Asparagus Zucchini Boats Recipe
- 1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ onion chopped
- 1 bunch asparagus chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 2 boneless chicken breasts cooked and cubed
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 6 strips bacon cooked and crumbled
- 4 zucchini cut lengthwise
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Coat a 13 × 9 inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- In a large non-stick skillet, heat your olive oil. Combine onion, asparagus, salt, and pepper. Cook over med-high heat until your asparagus is softer and your onion is cooked through.
- While that is cooking, mix together cooked chicken, cream cheese, and bacon. Add your onion and asparagus once they are cooked.
- Now make your zucchini boats by scooping the seeds from center of each zucchini half, using a spoon or melon baller. This will make 8 long zucchini boats.
- Set boats in baking dish, placing them side by side.
- Scoop the mixture evenly inside each boat. Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the top of each boat.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until zucchini is tender.
- 9x13-inch Baking Pan
Looking for other zucchini boats?
These are some of my favorites!
- Chicken Zucchini Casserole
- Baked Zucchini Bites
- Zucchini Parmesan Bake
- Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Classic Zucchini Bread
Our cookbook makes a wonderful gift (and it’s priced right at less than $18!) . . . you can check it out HERE.