The 4th of July is one of my most FAVORITE holidays. We all try and get the whole family together. As sisters we have certain traditions that we do every 4th.
First the parade, then we run over to the fair (we mostly go for the meat skewers). Once we get too hot, Grandma blows up her big water slide and the kids play while the adults talk and play games.
After the kids dry off we have a big BBQ and get ready for the fireworks. The fireworks aren’t exactly my favorite, but I love the “before the fireworks” time.
We pack a lot of snacks, bring card games, and get ready to people watch. (I could people watch all day.)
We can always count on my Mom bringing delicious treats while we wait for them to start. This year, I’m going to add treat bowl with this Caramel Cinnamon Chex Mix.
It is SO good and perfect for kids and adults. Happy Independence Day everyone.
I served mine in individual baggies and it made it so much easier while we were on the go.
RELATED RECIPE: BE SURE TO TRY OUR FAMILY FAVORITE RECIPE GOOEY ALMOND AND COCONUT CHEX MIX.
Could this recipe be made in a microwave?
This recipe would be extremely difficult to make in a microwave. We do not recommend it.
We make it over the stove, because you need to be constantly stirring the mixture.
We highly recommend using the stove top to make this recipe, for the best results.
Could I make this recipe using a different cereal?
You could most definitely make this recipe, using a different cereal. We recommend using Chex Mix, for the best results but here are a few of our other favorite cereal combinations, with this recipe:
You could really use any plain cereal with this recipe, but again, for the best results, we highly recommend using Chex Mix.
Watch how to make another one of our favorite Chex mix recipes, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We created it, just for you. We want to help you create a beautiful dish, that the whole family will love.
We take you through each one of our recipes, step by step, and show you exactly how to make it.
Each recipe is tried and true, so you can be sure your family is going to love it.
We love Chex Mix recipes, and this Gooey Chex Mix, is out of this world. The caramel makes all the difference. Watch how to make it, here:
Looking for more caramel recipes? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Homemade Microwave Caramels
- Caramel Cheesecake Bars
- Caramel Apple Jello Salad
- No Bake Caramel Pretzel Clusters
- Caramel Chocolate Turkey Legs
Caramel Cinnamon Chex Mix Recipe
- 4½ cups Rice Chex cereal
- 4½ cups Corn Chex Cereal
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- ½ cup salted butter 1 stick
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Place cereal in a large, mixing bowl.
- Spray with a cookie sheet nonstick baking spray.
- In a small ziplock baggie combine cinnamon and sugar and set aside.
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat, heat brown sugar, butter, and corn syrup until the mixture comes to a boil. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly, then remove from heat.
- Pour over cereal and stir until cereal is coated.
- Then mix in 3/4 cup of cinnamon sugar and mix well.
- Spread cereal on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle the rest of the cinnamon/sugar mixture on top. Bake for about 5 minutes, then flip with a spatula and bake for 3 more minutes, until cereal turns golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely, then break up and store in an airtight container.
- Large Mixing Bowl
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- Baking Sheet
- Ziploc Bag
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!