This post is sponsored by Musselman?s Apple Butter but recipe and all opinions are my own. Thank you for allowing us to share with you our favorite products that we love to use!
With all the hustle and bustle of the busy holiday season, you need to have a couple of recipes that you can quickly throw together for parties or get-togethers and this is the perfect recipe.
Mix together a couple of ingredients that you have on-hand and you have a delicious dish that everyone will be raving about.
This is definitely a recipe that people will ask you to make again and again. It is the perfect combination of creamy and gooey.
what else can you use the dip for
I love dips, because you can use them for a variety of recipes. Here are a few of our favorites:
Crepe Filling: If you have never had crepes, you need to try them. This dip would be an amazing crepe filling. Add a few sliced apples or bananas to your crepes, and they will taste amazing.
If you are looking for a delicious crepe recipe, check out our favorite crepe recipe, here.
Dip for Cookies and Crackers: We love dipping our cookies and crackers into this Caramel Apple Butter Dip. Our favorites include vanilla wafer cookies, graham crackers of all flavors, vanilla Oreo’s, animal crackers, ginger snap cookies, etc.
The list goes on and on, but you could easily do both fruit and crackers, when it comes to dipping.
Fruit Dip: Although this was made for apples, you could easily dip strawberries, bananas, or even strawberries. This dip is so versatile that it goes perfect with a lot of different things.
Pie Filling: We love this with graham crackers, but it is even better in a graham cracker crust. It will need to refrigerate a little longer to set up, but it is amazing as pie.
how to make Caramel Apple Butter Dip
Step 1: In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth. You could also do this with a whisk, hand mixer, or Kitchen Aid.
Step 2: Add in Musselman’s Apple Butter and caramel sauce and beat until fully incorporated.
Step 3: Add in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well, until dip starts to turn fluffy.
Step 4: Add more powdered sugar until dip reaches desired consistency. If you are doing a pie, or crepe filling, we recommend adding a little more powdered sugar, to thicken the consistency.
Step 5: Sprinkle toffee bits on top of dip and serve with sliced apples, or however you desire to serve it.
Keep leftovers in covered container in fridge for up to 3 days.
You can make this recipe ahead of time, but we recommend only preparing it a day or two beforehand. We also recommend that you don’t add the toffee bits until before serving. They will get soft and lose their crisp crunch.
The key ingredient in this dip is Musselman’s Apple Butter – made with American-grown apples and loaded with cinnamon and spices, it makes this dip incredibly addicting and delicious.
how to keep your apples from browning
- Slice apples in water and keep them in a little bit of water. I have never tried this method, but I’ve heard from multiple people it works. The oxidization process never starts, so the browning doesn’t happen.
- Brush or dip the apples in lemon/lime juice. I’m more of a brusher, because I don’t like tasting the lemon/lime juice.
- After slicing the apples, place them back together in their original apple shape. Wrap the apple in saran wrap and place a rubber band around it. This will keep the apple together and avoid air getting to the apple too quickly.Refrigerating the wrapped apple will also help with this.
Did you know we have a youtube channel?
We have hundreds of easy and delicious recipes you can find on our Youtube Channel. We take you through each recipe, step by step, so you know exactly how to make it.
Looking for more caramel apple recipes?
Caramel Apple Butter Dip Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened to room temperature
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup Musselman's Apple Butter
- ½ cup caramel sauce
- ½-1 cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup toffee bits
- 6 apples sliced
- In a medium bowl, beat cream cheese and brown sugar together until smooth.
- Add in Musselman's Apple Butter and caramel sauce and beat until fully incorporated.
- Add in 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix well, until dip starts to turn fluffy.
- Add more powdered sugar until dip reaches desired consistency.
- Sprinkle toffee bits on top of dip and serve with sliced apples.
- Keep leftovers in covered container in fridge for up to 3 days.
did you know we have cookbooks?
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!