As soon as it starts getting warmer outside, all I want to eat are fresh sides! Forget the potatoes and gravy – I want something that’s not going to weight me down in the heat! This California Salad is a copycat of one I had at The Melting Pot Restaurant in Salt Lake City. It’s a perfect combination of leafy, crunchy, and tangy. It goes great as a side, an appetizer, or even as your main dish (I’ve been eating it for lunch for the past few weeks!).
California Salad with Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
- 5 ounces mixed baby salad greens 1 bag
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 2 Tablespoons Gorgonzola Cheese
- 2 Tablespoons candied pecan pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 10 ounces seedless raspberry jam 1 jar
- 1 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- Toss baby salad greens, tomatoes, cheese, and pecans together and set aside.
- Blend the olive oil, jam, and rice vinegar together (either in a blender or food processor) until completely combined.
- Pour desired amount over the salad and serve while it's fresh. (I always have leftover dressing that I store in the fridge and use throughout the week).
- Mixing Bowl
Recipe from: All Recipes