These Brownie Ice Cream Cups are a fun way to eat ice cream, and the kids LOVED that the bowl of the ice cream was a brownie. These are so easy and perfect for this summertime weather.
Really, we make these all year round, but if I had to choose one way to keep cool in the summer, it would be these Brownie Ice Cream Cups.
My husband even requested these for his birthday this year instead of cake. That’s when you know it’s a win.
I love a good recipe shortcut that will save me time, and money. For this recipe, we used a homemade brownie recipe, however, these would work just as well with a boxed brownie mix.
I prefer the taste of homemade brownies, but this would honestly work just as well with a mix instead.
What could I top my brownie ice cream cups with?
We are all about toppings. If you need a few ice cream topping suggestions, we have quite the list for you.
Ice cream is good, but once you add a little twist of all your favorite toppings, it becomes delicious. Here are a few toppings we love on our ice cream desserts:
- Candy bars (Snickers, Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups, Kit Kats, Milky Ways, Heath Bar, etc.)
- Oreo Cookies
- Andes Mints
- Chocolate Chips
- Peanut Butter Chips
- White Chocolate Chips
- Caramel Drizzle
- Chocolate Drizzle
- Hot Fudge
- Nuts (almonds, peanuts, cashews, pecans, walnuts, etc.)
- Fruit (fresh strawberries, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, bananas, etc.)
- Graham Crackers
- Biscoff Cookies
Watch how to make another delicious chocolate and ice cream recipe, here:
Did you know we have a Youtube Channel? We have hundreds of simple and delicious recipes, your family is going to love. We take you through each recipe, step by step, and show you exactly how to make them.
This Chili’s Molten Lava Cake is so easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients. Watch how easy it is to make, here:
Looking for more frozen desserts? Here are a few of our favorites:
- Frozen Chocolate and Peanut Butter Banana Bites
- Skinny Frozen Strawberry Bites
- Frozen Lemon Fluff Dessert
- Old Fashion Vanilla Ice Cream
- No – Churn Birthday Cake Protein Ice Cream
Brownie Ice Cream Cups Recipe
- 8 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 ½ cups flour
- 1 cup chopped nuts optional
- pinch salt
- 6 cups ice cream your fave flavor
- ⅛ cup sprinkles optional topping
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Spray a muffin pan with non stick cooking spray, or fill with cupcake liners, and set aside.
- Melt margarine. Stir in cocoa.
- Mix sugar and eggs in mixing bowl.
- Stir in margarine and cocoa. Add vanilla, flour, and salt.
- Drop about 1/3 cup of brownie batter into each cupcake liner, or space.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean after being inserted into the middle.
- After baked, smash down center of each brownie with a spoon, or scoop out the middle, forming a miniature bowl. I used my salt and pepper shakers to shape the middle and that seemed to work great.
- Scoop your favorite flavor of ice cream and place into the small brownie bowl, top with your favorite toppings, and serve. Best if served warm!
- Mixing Bowl
- Muffin Tin
Have you heard about our newest cookbook, Copycat Cooking? We took over 100 of our favorite restaurant recipes and simplified them so that you can make them right at home!
Every recipe has a beautiful mouth-watering photo and has been picky-eater approved. The directions are simple, easy to follow, and do not require any strange ingredients.
This cookbook includes copycat recipes from Wingers, Texas Roadhouse, Starbucks, Panera, Cheesecake Factory, Kneaders, and so much more. We have you covered from drinks, to dessert and everything in-between.
We are so excited to share these recipes with you. Order your copy today!
Six Sisters’ Stuff COPYCAT COOKING <—– Click here to order!