One of my favorite treats has always been apples with peanut butter! After having an overwhelming amount of apples from our tree this year, I decided to throw them into a cookie recipe to see how they would taste. Who knew adding apples to peanut butter cookies could be so delicious! You’ll love the sweet taste of these Apple Peanut Butter Cookies.
Related Recipe: These ROLO COOKIES are so easy to make and only 4 ingredients.
Apple Peanut Butter Cookies Recipe
- ¼ cup shortening
- ½ cup peanut butter (chunky or smooth)
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cuce applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a bowl, cream together shortening, peanut butter, sugars, and maple syrup.
- Beat in egg and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in the apple sauce until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon and stir together until mixed.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoon of dough onto greased baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown
Try our Perfect Peanut Butter Cookies, they are so easy!
Recipe Inspiration: Julies Eats and Treats